Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
Position summary and job purpose
Do you want to have a key role in the development of the world’s leading standards for reporting sustainability impacts? This position provides an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing international organization in the field of sustainability reporting.
As Technical Content Manager, you will take an active role in the drafting and content development process of the GRI Standards. You will ensure that the GRI disclosures and supporting methodologies, concepts and definitions are developed in a clear and consistent
way, and conform to GRI’s quality criteria.
The GRI Standards are developed through an expert multi-stakeholder process. You will help translate the expert input into technical content in a Standard, in close collaboration with the GRI project teams, in-house writers/editors, and other technical content managers. You will
work on multiple projects, in topics as varied as biodiversity, climate change, and human rights and across multiple sectors, such as mining, textiles and apparel, and financial services. This position will require you to dive deep into specific topics and sectors while also having a good
understanding of the overall system of GRI Standards.
You bring experience in developing or drafting technical content (such as standards, guidelines or KPIs), excellent analytical skills, strong time management skills, and a keen interest in the sustainable development agenda.
- Draft technical content for the GRI Standards, in close collaboration with the writers/editors and the relevant project teams, based on the input from expert groups, public comments and research
- Review content across the GRI Standards, to ensure the clarity, consistency, and quality of the content
- Provide advice to project teams and serve as internal contact point for questions on the drafting of content for the GRI Standards
- Manage projects to develop or update technical concepts and definitions in the Standards, including research and consultation with internal and external parties and the Global Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB)
- Develop guidance on best practices for drafting content for the GRI Standards and provide training and onboarding to colleagues
- Provide input to the ongoing development of the GRI Standards by proactively identifying areas of improvement
- Develop FAQs and other communication materials to clarify technical concepts of the GRI Standards to external audiences
- Review the use of the content of the GRI Standards in other GRI products and services, such as training materials, to ensure conformity with the Standards
- Participate in external initiatives concerning the development of standards
- Other duties as requested
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.globalreporting.org.