At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Sustainability Optimization Intern
As a Sustainability Optimization Intern you will work at the Vegetable R&D operations team in Bergschenhoek. The Vegetable R&D operations team in Bergschenhoek is responsible for the operational activities for all the glasshouses in the Netherlands. The Vegetable R&D Operation team are also responsible for overseeing Bayer CS Veg R&D related projects and initiatives.
The challenge during your internship would be to look for solutions to make our glasshouses sustainable and reduce the Carbon footprint for our Vegetable R&D locations.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintaining a database of sustainability project reports with a dashboard to demonstrate key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics per focus area at project and country and/or regional level.
• Developing a calculation tool and dashboard to quickly review KPIs on our heat- and energy consumption by each glasshouse and demonstrate progress or areas of improvement.
• Explore and suggest alternatives to reduce our Carbon footprint for our Vegetable R&D locations.
• Determine the feasibility of Sustainability solutions for our Greenhouse Operations.
• Explore alternatives for Natural Gas heating boilers on short and mid long term.
• Explore alternatives to heat Greenhouses such as electric heating, geothermal heating, connectivity to central heating, solar panels on surface or water basin, etc.
• Work in close connection with global and regional seed Operations to understand our sustainable challenges.
• Organizes and gives direction to R&D operational activities for successful completion of trials by discovering operational improvements.
• Improve our current KPI’s for our R&D operational activities.
• Discover new KPI’s for our R&D operational activities and help with the implementation of those.
• Responsible for monitoring the operational budgets (OPEX) and our capital budget (CAPEX) of our R&D departments on site, including forecasting, analyzing, and discovering new ways of working to maximize efficiency.
• Provide daily support to ongoing programs and activities.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: jobs.bayer.com.