Site Nexio Projects
Sustainability consultancy bureau
At Nexio Projects, we firmly believe that everyone has the power to shape a more sustainable future. As a trusted advisor and partner to clients in a wide range of sectors, we simplify the challenges associated with sustainability and bring clarity and transparency to fuel bold action. We are facilitators and implementors at heart and strongly believe in the power of incremental change to shape a more sustainable future.
Your typical week
It’s Monday morning and you’re coming back to the office all refreshed from a great weekend. The week starts with our team meeting, where everyone reflects on the learnings of the past week and shares intentions for the coming one. This creates a space for alignment, awareness and enthusiasm before stepping into the new week and allows everyone to get the latest updates from different departments while hearing about the organization’s growth.
During the week, you can expect a combination of client-facing tasks and research missions. The week closes off on Friday 5 pm with our gratitude award. This is the time to reflect on the successes and challenges of the week and most importantly to share what we’re grateful for. After this, our team is always keen to stay longer and enjoy some precious bonding time over beer, wine, and ginger beer – on the house.
Is this an environment you want to work in? Are you a curious person, committed to helping business become a force for good? Do you love the buzzing energy of a team striving towards reaching a common goal? Then read on to learn more about the internship.
As an ESG intern in our Rotterdam Office, you will have an active role in diagnosing and evaluating a company’s sustainability efforts and implementing sustainable changes within their organization. During your internship, you will develop a practical understanding of sustainability’s key pillars (environment, ethics, labor and human rights and sustainable procurement), assessment methodologies (such as EcoVadis, BCorp, the SDGs…) and reporting standards (UNGC, GRI, CDP…). As training and growth are a central part of Nexio Projects, we will provide you with the tools and training to allow you to grow as a sustainability leader.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Update our clients’ sustainability policies, procedures and reports
- Work on sustainability gap analyses of our clients and developing roadmaps to improvement
- Learn and apply various assessment methodologies (such as EcoVadis, BCorp, the SDGs…) and reporting standards (UNGC, GRI, CDP…)
- Identify the actions and measures needed for our clients to embed sustainability into their DNA
- Conduct research on specific sustainability topics and having a creative approach to problem-solving
- Write, analyze, format, and summarize information, graphs, presentations, and reports
- Support your project manager in client-facing calls
- You are excited by the idea of working in a nimble, startup environment
- You are fueled by optimism and a relentless belief that we can improve our world
- You have a deep interest in sustainable development topics and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- You have strong written communication skills: Write clear emails and reports, make complex ideas accessible
- You are motivated to put your analytical skills to work towards the Nexio Projects mission of building a more sustainable future
- You are a well-organized person who can prioritize tasks and have strong time management skills
- You are a team player that works quickly, independently
- You are a doer, who is impact-driven and a strong multitasker
- You thrive in diverse and intrapreneurial environments where initiative-taking is rewarded
- BA, BSc, HBO or WO – with a linkage to business/management studies and sustainability
- You are fluent in English – Dutch, French or any additional European language is a key advantage
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and other software
- You have 6 months to 1 year of work experience
- Your scope of interest in sustainability goes beyond work and is also part of your lifestyle
- A dynamic, international, creative and professional working environment
- A fair traineeship salary
- An environment where entrepreneurialism and creativity are key
- A flexible work environment where you are free to work from home for 50% of the time – if desired
- Transportation allowance if necessary, although we highly encourage you to bike to work
- Contribution towards wellbeing services (mental or physical health memberships/services)
- A free Swapfiets subscription, which you can also use in your own personal time
- An opportunity to deepen your knowledge and specialize in key sustainability topics that interest you most
- Fresh fruit and flower delivery every week
- A fun, friendly, start-up environment, with
- A gratitude award shared by colleagues sharing appreciation for each other’s work
- A weekly Friday evening drink to wrap up the week, and get to know each other on a more personal level
- Quarterly team events
- Volunteering opportunities
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.linkedin.com.