The latest edition of The Journal Inside Track focuses on the concept of the circular economy, with expert commentary from business and other stakeholders.The features look at how it can be made to work in practice and its resource security and business benefits. Dan Rogerson MP describes how Defra is acting to support the shift to a more circular economy in the UK.
* Jonny Hazell describes the challenges the Circular Economy Task Force is addressing and the lessons from its first year.
* Fraser Thompson of McKinsey Global Institute, asks if we can act fast enough to improve resource productivity
* Dr Doroteya Vladimirova of the Institute of Manufacturing outlines the substantial value creation opportunities for business
* Dan Rogerson MP describes the economic and business opportunities Defra sees in supporting a circular economy
* Adrian Cole and Simon Drury of sustainability consultancy Ricardo-AEA report on their work developing closed loop systems with companies
* Three CETF members: Unilever, Interface and WRAP also write about their experiences in tackling resource issues.