We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matters to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
From the BASF Nederland B.V. office in Arnhem, a large proportion of the 9000 BASF products are sold to national and international customers. These products find their way to the consumer market in thousands of ways. This office is also home to a number of service departments, such as Finance & Control, Human Resources, Communication, Facilities Management, Legal, Tax and Sales.
As Sustainability Manager you will be responsible for driving the integration of sustainability in the various businesses in order to strengthen and support sales via sustainability-related customer projects. In this role you will be the go-to person with regards to Sustainability for the country cluster Benelux and you will report to the Benelux Commercial Director. Your tasks will consist of:
- Representing BASF’s sustainability (SD) strategy, vision and actions internally as well as externally towards different stakeholders.
- Overseeing the development of BASF’s policies for the Benelux country cluster in line with local regulations and actively influencing policies in the area of CO2, carbon management and other SD aspects.
- New business development: you continuously hunt for opportunities related to SD at customers and value chain partners and you drive Local Industry Teams, Local Sales Management teams and Account Managers to drive customer-specific SD projects which contribute to achieving the revenue goals.
- You develop customer SD assessments and industry specific research aimed at the identification of trends and drivers in the market.
- You are responsible for SD tracking. You articulate customer value by demonstrating BASF’s sustainability competencies and linking SD assets to customer specific needs, local consumer trends and market-dynamics in specific value chains. You actively address opportunities with customers in cooperation with the Commercial Director and/or Managing Director
- Networking and close co-operation with the Global and European Sustainability teams for trainings, know-how exchange and the implementation of aligned processes – hot spot analysis, opportunity finding and sales trainings.
- You have obtained a master’s degree in the field of sustainability, environmental sciences or similar.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in sustainability steering and are able to demonstrate an active network in SD.
- You also have at least 5 years of experience in any of the following disciplines: corporate social responsibility, project management, business and product development or sales and marketing.
- You have working knowledge of environmental and social sustainability opportunities/ challenges along key industry value chains.
- Furthermore, you are a strong networker. You can work within a cross-functional, multibusiness unit and matrixed business environment, as well as with external consultants.
- You possess excellent communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Experience with sustainability as a part of the customer relationship and/or marketing efforts are a plus.
- And finally, you are capable of building towards organizational alignment.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.werkenbijbasf.nl.