Avient Corporation has a position for a Sustainability Manager at our Geleen, the Netherlands facility. This position supports our Protective Materials Business unit which was recently acquired from DSM Corporation.
Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with 2021 revenues of $4.8 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Unique technologies that improve the recyclability of products and enable recycled content to be incorporated, thus advancing a more circular economy
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation and reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions that increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, natural resource conservation and fiber optic / 5G network accessibility
- Avient employs approximately 8,700 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®. For more information, visit www.avient.com.
About Avient Protective Materials
Avient Protective Materials is the inventor and manufacturer of Dyneema®, The World’s Strongest Fiber®. Dyneema® is a super-strong fiber that offers maximum strength combined with minimum weight, produced from a proprietary polyethylene material. It is up to 15 times stronger than quality steel and up to 40% stronger than aramid fibers, both on weight for weight basis. Dyneema® floats on water and is extremely durable and resistant to moisture, UV light and chemicals. Dyneema® is used in extremely challenging applications and environments, including super-tanker mooring ropes, cut-resistant gloves and apparel in the glass and metal-working industries, rigging and sails for off-shore racing yachts, medical sutures for orthopedic surgery and bullet-resistant clothing and vehicle protection in the law enforcement and military sectors. Further information on Avient Protective Materials is available at www.dyneema.com
At Avient Protective Materials (APM), we protect people and the environment they live in. APM has set clear sustainability ambitions to meet this commitment. It is a continuous journey, and the sustainability manager will be responsible to drive and deliver these ambitions. As Sustainability Manager, the role will also be a focal point and proactively work with relevant parties internally and externally for the implementation of APM’s circularity roadmap. The Sustainability Manager is positioned in the Global Product management department and reports to the Global Product Manager. The sustainability manager works closely with the APM Vice President & General Manager who owns and drives the circularity program in APM.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
- You will function as the project director for the APM circularity program, which will involve collaboration with the project team to deliver post-production and end-of-life recycling solutions. Owner of the Circularity program is the Vice President & General Manager of Avient Protective Materials
- You work with our Operations organization to execute the roadmap on Responsible Manufacturing (emission reduction, waste reduction, renewable energy, etc.
- You monitor the progress and implementation of APM’s sustainability strategy
- You conduct product lifecycle assessments
- You act as the champion and contact point for Purpose/Sustainability related topics and internal & external network
- You liaise with marketing and communications to communicate APM’s progress towards its sustainability ambitions
- You are the secretary of CirculariTeam®; a coalition established by Avient to provide a common platform to share knowledge, resources, and technical solutions with the aim to close the loop on the world’s strongest fiber.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: polyone.referrals.selectminds.com.