- You will be responsible for cross-organizational advocacy on key global issues. You provide strategic direction, define clear advocacy plans and recommend impactful strategies to enable Rainforest Alliance to effectively advocate for positive change within key agricultural and forestry sectors.
- You also initiate, coordinate and facilitate the development of specific sector, thematic and country advocacy plans, ensuring coherence and coordination.
- You will implement advocacy work with key public and private actors in order to maximize impact towards sector change and increase Rainforest Alliance’s visibility. This role requires working closely with many departments across the organization, in particular: Sector Markets, Communications, Regions, Leadership Team, Themes and Partnerships.
- You are a strategist, analytical and proactive, and you bring a relevant track record in advocacy. Deep content knowledge is not required for this role, as there are specialists in the organization.
- You preferably work from the Amsterdam office, yet you may also be based in the US (pref. DC), the UK (near London), Brussels or the Bonn area.
- Lead the development and implementation of Rainforest Alliance advocacy strategy, plans and activities.
- Facilitate development of specific sectorial and thematic advocacy strategies. Advise on new policy influencing and public affairs opportunities and requirements at a sector and thematic level.
- Ensure a shared vision, coherence and compliance for strategy and activities within Rainforest Alliance.
- Advise and support the Leadership Team, Heads of Departments and (overseas) colleagues – solicited and unsolicited – on Advocacy and Public Affairs and their implementation, execution and effectiveness.
- Build and maintain key relationships with government, civil society, networks and influential policy makers.
- Initiate and organize meetings and participate in discussions with relevant stakeholders to advance Rainforest Alliance’s advocacy agenda. Represent Rainforest Alliance at relevant events, external forums and conferences and in various consultation structures.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.