This person will work directly with both regional and globally branded food company customers on sustainability programs related to our edible oils supply chains. As part of this role the incumbent will lead by forming strategy, tactics, capabilities and ultimately delivering the desired sustainability impacts. The role is part of global team whose work is fundamental and key to achieving Cargill’s sustainability commitments while enhancing Cargill reputation around sustainability and sustainable supply chains. The incumbent will connect regularly and partner with a variety of stakeholders from customers, suppliers, farmers, NGOs, governments and peer competitor companies.
35% Strategic Leadership and Execution – Program management:
- Form sustainability strategy and tactics for the assigned Group, Business and/or major supply chains.
- Adapt and refine high level sustainability strategies to fit the needs of the Group, Business and/or supply chain
- Drive the development and embedding of sustainability into the broader business approach.
- Co-create supply chain policy, strategies and action plans in an integrated operating company approach.
- Operationalize the sustainability strategies into action plans and lead the execution
- Develop, co-develop, deliver annual operating plans, operational and capital budgets as it relates to the strategies
- Supports the development of systems and processes (including digital) as it relates to sustainability
35% Stakeholder management and engagement:
- Interacts with customers directly and indirectly to ascertain their sustainability related needs and work with commercial teams in developing and delivering solutions to those needs. Ultimately to drive business growth.
- Engages with and/or creates content for customer facing team members on sustainability topics
- Interacts with suppliers including farmers directly and indirectly to communicate sustainability policies and objectives. Ultimate purpose of this interaction is to extend our supply chain policies/requirements through our suppliers.
- Interacts with peer competitor companies to develop and execute sector level transformation actions
- Serve as an internal expert for sustainability matters related to applicable supply chains, sustainability objectives and geographies
- Identify and work with external partners like NGOs, Foundations, Universities and government offices, for program design, implementation, securing additional funding and project work.
- Develop periodic public facing progress reports in collaboration with Communications
15% Thought leadership, representation, advocacy:
- Develop, maintain and apply industry leading expertise in sustainability as it applies to the relevant supply chains, sustainability priorities and geographies
- Represents Cargill in external senior level stakeholder forums and media in matters related to sustainability
- Act on external working groups, certification organizations and/or multi-stakeholder organizations.
- Drives the sustainability agenda with the respective leadership teams
15% Team Leadership:
- Develop expertise and capabilities in both direct and indirect reports, coaching for high performance and preparing them for growth within the company.
- Educate, inform and train sales managers and other leaders so they can represent Cargill to external audiences and be partners in achieving the sustainability impacts.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.linkedin.com.