- The Industrial Participation department is relatively new within the Damen Shipyards Group. Industrial Participation focusses on benefitting local industries in our shipbuilding projects in order to comply with governmental objectives in terms of developing and enhancing strategic (defense) capabilities and supporting and advancing local industries and economies.
- Through Industrial Participation Damen is able to deliver its state-of-the-art shipbuilding projects, whilst simultaneously sustainably impacting local economies, industries and communities.
- The Industrial Participation department has three main focus points;
- Industrial Participation obligations outside the Netherlands;
- Industrial Participation obligations within the Netherlands;
- Commercial opportunities through Industrial Participation.
- The Industrial Participation department is a small department within the Damen Shipyards Group, with its manager reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer of the Group.
- The department is the central point of contact for all industrial participation projects within the Group and coordinates and structures all Industrial Participation related activities and associated risks.
- As a new department it is currently developing policies, procedures and work standard as well as its commercial strategies.
The subject of sustainability is generally connected to environmental impact, but of course also captures impact on communities and industries. Damen’s way of doing business, including the subject of Industrial Participation, generates significant impact within the subject of sustainability. Afterall, Damen’s way of doing business means we are impacting a number of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, to name a few; No Poverty, Reducing Inequalities, Sustainable Cities and Communities. And we have been contributing to those goals substantially for decades. Although there are unlimited stories to share on those contributions, we would like to be able to actually measure our performance.
In order to facilitate this data-based reporting, your thesis will be around the following topic;
“How and what kind of methodology should we develop to measure our sustainable impact on non-environmental related sustainability goals.”
Ideally, we would like to have developed a methodology to allows us to collect Damen Group wide data, but for practical reasons may be also developed for a certain demarcated project/division/area.
- Study international regulations on sustainability reporting
- Develop methodology, including integration with aforementioned international regulations
Meer informatie/solliciteren: career.damen.com.