MCD is a market-leader in the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients. Listed at Euronext, Amsterdam, IMCD realised revenues of approximately € 3 billion in 2019 with 3,000 employees in 50 countries on 6 continents. IMCD’s dedicated team of technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best in class solutions and provide value through expertise for our customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers.
At the heart of the IMCD sustainable solutions program will lie the need from the business to help our customers and principals in the marketing and sales of their sustainable products. The program envisions an approach where IMCD, per line of business, will identify products from our portfolio and will create value propositions, based on principal information and or cooperation to market these products as such and hence steer customers to buy more sustainable solutions. This should be done both on product analysis but also on strategic market analysis to identify topics and trends. Out internal resources include a global chemical regulatory database to assess hazard. We plan to also implement a sustainability reporting metric and to help our business groups develop value proposition which include sustainability as a driver.
The Sustainable solutions manager is experienced and skilled in the quantitative and strategic sustainability field, which includes familiarity with topics such as GHG reporting, ethical sourcing, water reporting, LCA, strategy. Next to this he/she has commercial acumen and experience in selling the concept internally and externally. The role will be part of the group RAQS organization and will report directly to the group Director RA/QA Sustainability. Is this role you will have to ensure the collection and implementation of revelant information as well as providing professional advice on a strategic level for our business groups (Food and Nutrition, Personal care, Pharma, Plastics, etc). The role focusses on reducing and gaining insight in environmental impact reduction and will focus local organizations on reporting. As IMCD is regularly acquiring other companies a second aspect lies in integrating product information of new companies and screening their data against our compliance system and sustainability standards to investigate deviations and lift the information to meet our global standards. This new team is established on top of the current localized item master management responsibilities and empowered to control workflows, approvals and authorizations, whilst still acting in a hands-on and supporting way as characteristic for IMCD’s company culture.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Set up and launch the IMCD sustainable solutions program within our business lines
- Provide strategic and commercial expertise and help to our businesses in selling the concept by being present at tradeshows and using the tools which are designed for this (eg, our app)
- Maintain a database and provide sustainability data for products whilst also steering on gathering for strategic purposes per business
- Help our business groups with developing their strategy which includes sustainability as their value proposition
- Help and be the hands-on contact for M&A integration regarding sustainable product data,
- Perform analysis on key sustainability parameters to ensure risk mitigation and certificate creation for products\
- Govern new product definition and change management processes with flexible and collaborative workflows; be up to date with current and future sustainability programs (eg, PEF), UN global compact, Ecovadis etc) and ensure the business and group level are well prepared to meet them on time
- Manage all sustainability topics and activities for IMCD Nordics and assure this aligns with group policy
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.linkedin.com.