In this role, you will report to the Group Sustainability Director with a functional reporting line into SBM Supply Chain. You will work together with SBM Offshore’s projects, operations, product lines and other disciplines within Global Resource Services (GRS). This role is based in Schiedam, Porto or Amsterdam and involves occasional travel to other SBM locations. Sustainability – including Environment, Social & Governance (ESG) – is a key topic for SBM Offshore; it contributes to the Company’s vision to provide Safe, Sustainable and Affordable Energy. To drive targets and run projects, SBM Offshore leverages the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) framework.
As a Sustainability Specialist, you will actively contribute to this journey of embedding Sustainability at SBM Offshore. The role will provide a solid source for professional and personal development.
- You are focused on positive impacts and minimization of adverse impacts in the supply chain – activities include:
- Support to the due diligence activities for SBM Offshore’s projects, with a focus on Human Rights & Climate Change – and supporting the journey on resource use and circularity
- Vendor qualification on ESG matters & engaging with them on the outcomes
- Cross functional interaction with various functions/disciplines to embed SBM’s ESG targets into Supply Chain activities
- Enhance ESG awareness within the Supply Chain community with workshops/awareness sessions as required by the business
- Support the engagement with large suppliers who feed into SBM Offshore’s strategy development (materiality analysis)
- Ownership of Supply Chain scope internal and external ESG audits as and when they are planned, including the Annual Report and SBM Offshore’s projects
- You are key to the company’s net-zero transition – activities include:
- Proposal of targets for decarbonization of materials purchased and shipped for SBM Offshore projects & the monitoring of performance against these targets
- Vendor engagement – educating them on SBM’s targets and learning from them on their subsequent net-zero commitments
- Identification of new materials, equipments and ways of working that could lead to a lower carbon footprint of SBM Offshores projects & operations
- Feed & advise projects as part of project dashboarding and reporting
- Engagement with appointed 3rd party consultants working with SBM Offshore to support emission Zero targets for Supply Chain scope
- You are responsible for analyzing Sustainability standards, ratings and frameworks and impacts related to supply chain – activities include:
- Translation of EU Directive for supply chain due diligence (CSDDD) into change action
- Learning from and contribution to the global community, Sustainalytics and Chef de projet, using outcomes to define action for improvement
- Proposal of supply chain targets using guidance from the EU sustainability reporting directive
- Understanding of key project ESG standards, for instance the Worldbank Environment, Health, Security guidelines and IFC Performance Standards
Meer informatie/solliciteren: careers.sbmoffshore.com.