World Benchmarking Alliance
Are you passionate about the role of the private sector in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Are you a strong analytical thinker who is comfortable collecting data, interpreting corporate disclosures and writing clear conclusions? The World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) is now recruiting:
Sustainability Research Analysts
WBA is building a movement to measure and incentivise business impact towards a sustainable future that works for everyone. The private sector has a crucial role to play in advancing the SDGs, but to boost companies’ motivation, there needs to be real change in the way that their impact is measured. That’s why we are assessing the progress of thousands of companies through publicly available and free rankings of corporate performance. Our benchmarks are used by investors, civil society, governments and companies to accelerate a race to the top. We are now recruiting additional Research Analysts to join our values-driven and global teams. In this role you are responsible for collecting and analysing large volumes of company data, evaluating performance against scoring guidelines and engaging companies in the benchmark process. You should have a strong attention to detail and thrive in an agile and purpose-driven work environment that promotes minimum oversight and maximum responsibility.
What you will do:
- Interpret and retrieve relevant corporate information from publicly available sources (e.g. CSR/sustainability reports; corporate policies etc.) and analyse the findings to produce scores of company performance;
- Engage with stakeholders, including compagnies, as part of the benchmark process (e.g. company calls to explain scoring decisions);
- Translate data and research into clear, understandable insights on companies and industries through written scorecards that will be published and used by investors, policy-makers, companies and WBA Allies;
- Input into our annual cycle of reviewing methodologies, indicators and scoring guidelines;
- Support our wider engagement to ensure different stakeholders are aware of our benchmarks, participating in external events and learnings about the impact of business on the SDGs;
- Contribute to organisational development and sharing learnings to build our research capacity and processes.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.worldbenchmarkingalliance.org.