Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 245+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of 10,000+ companies, including 2,000+ networks and 3,000 cloud and IT service providers in 32 countries spanning six continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
This position is within the Global Design and Construction team (over 200no. people) who deliver over 70no. construction projects globally per year (in excess of $2B capex).
GDC’s dedicated sustainability team is accountable for the development and roll out of a suite of sustainability initiatives within our design and construction projects, focusing on delivering best in class facilities where sustainability is critically considered from project inception through to operations.
- Establish and execute a global framework for the evaluation, implementation, and reporting of a broad array of onsite and offsite ecology projects, particularly biodiversity and water stewardship.
- Responsible for supporting the definition, implementation, enhancement, and day-to-day management of the global ecology strategy.
- Establish and manage relationships with internal stakeholders including supporting the Sustainability Program Office, GDC project delivery teams, Regional Operations, Accounting, Sales & customers, Wellbeing, Investor & Analyst Relations, Public Policy, Marketing and Global Procurement team.
- Ensure that project teams deliver regionally appropriate and robust onsite biodiversity and evaporative cooling solutions, including the production of operations team approved maintenance regimes.
- Explore, evaluate and initiate offsite ecology projects that bring positive benefits and reduce water stress in the markets in which we operate.
- Maintain and execute against the company’s global strategic sustainability goals.
- Act as a subject matter expert for ecology queries internally and externally, directly supporting our company spokespeople.
- Creating and delivering training material and masterclasses on our ecology approaches to our project teams.
- Manage the sourcing and purchasing process for our consultant base, including; receipt and evaluation of proposals; contract negotiation, award and administration of purchase orders, and preparation and management of consultant scope.
- Partner with GDC’s counterparts in Global Operations to ensure that they can leverage the same framework in the evaluation, delivery and measurement of biodiversity and water projects on existing IBXs.
- Work with internal teams and external sustainability consultant(s) to ensure data and information is sufficiently detailed, complete, accurate, and auditable for use for external reporting to agencies.
- Ability to travel frequently, internationally and domestically.
Program and Portfolio Management
- Execute and oversee multiple simultaneous projects undertaken to meet the sustainability goals of the company.
- Create, control and enhance reporting activities, assisting in the creation and retention of accurate biodiversity project data, tracking issues and risks.
- Aligns GDC construction projects with the biodiversity and broader sustainability project goals.
- Facilitates program and project meetings.
- Identifies and resolves program level issues with cross functional teams.
- Track project financials (cost and benefits).
Stakeholder Management and Communication
- Builds relationships with company key stakeholders and business liaisons.
- Regularly present to E-staff and other internal/external groups as necessary.
- Communicates minor project/program scope, schedule, resource, and budget changes
- Create reporting mechanism and maintain a reporting cadence
Project Methodologies and Tools
- Communicates GDC Sustainability Charter framework and progress to all stakeholders
- Develop and maintain communication plans
- Develop and maintain execution templates: Experience with PM Tools such as MS Office Suite, MS Forms, Smartsheet, BI and SharePoint, Anaplan, Asite, Bim 360, WordPress.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: careers.equinix.com.