UNIQLO is a leading brand of the Fast Retailing Group, one of the largest apparel retailers in the world. UNIQLO respects the individuality and lifestyle of all customers and takes pride in creating high quality, long-lasting, innovative clothing at an affordable price.
We are recruiting a Sustainability Manager to lead Benelux’s sustainability initiatives, and related communications, reporting, administration as well as volunteer opportunities. The Sustainability Manager will contribute to our essential mission of growing our business in harmony with society, while attracting new customers, enhancing loyalty, increasing staff pride and retention by fully leveraging the impact and visibility of our sustainability actions.
The ultimate goal of this role is to “Unlock the Power of Clothing” across UNIQLO’s three strategic sustainability pillars, People, Planet and Society, while strengthening relationships with our stakeholders, identifying and building new ones together with the department heads and local management team.
The role has a dual reporting line to both the EU Sustainability Manager and Benelux COO.
- Create strategic, seasonal plans and manage the overall sustainability calendar in line with the EU Sustainability and Marketing calendar with the goal of creating new partnerships with local organisations and stores in each of our main cities in Benelux.
- Manage relationships with existing non-profit organisations to create, plan and perform meaningful volunteering opportunities (social and environmental). Coordinate employee volunteering events (HQ and UQ employees).
- Conduct research and analysis to ensure that business practices, products and services are environmentally friendly and compliant with government rules and regulations.
- Implement processes and business transformations that reduce the organization’s carbon footprint.
- Encourage diversity and inclusion as UNIQLO’s fundamental core principles, support the inclusion of people with disability, refugees and other vulnerable target groups.
- Promote our activities both internally as well as externally through partnerships and in collaboration with HR.
- Provide strategic input on the sustainability communication approach, serving as a sustainability subject matter expert for Marketing, PR/Corporate Communications and Internal Communications functions.
- Proactively suggesting and reviewing sustainability content for social media, advertising and other channels.
- Act as the primary liaison with store operations and staff to keep all sustainability information up to date in stores by building effective relationship with store managers and using internal communications tool and other effective platforms.
- Build strong relationship with Senior Management so that they understand, appreciate, value and support Sustainability activities.
- Monitor and report sustainability KPIs (energy/CO2 reduction measures, HR, recycling etc.) for Benelux business and share with stakeholders including to global headquarter team.
- Work with our web content team to keep sustainability related information up-to-date on the e-commerce site.
- Support sustainability being considered into key areas of our business such as recruiting, training, new store openings, store operations, product development/sales, PR/marketing and digital communications.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: fastretailing.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.