Purpose of the role
In order to deliver on the ambitious sustainability goals Rituals agreed to achieve within the next years, we are looking for a Sustainability Manager. This experienced professional will develop and lead our global sustainability strategy focusing specifically on our production & sourcing supply chain, packaging and formulations.
Key responsibility areas
Production supply chain
- Develop a global sustainable procurement roadmap and drive its implementation with the sourcing team
- Develop supplier reporting tools and implement new processes to increase transparency in Rituals’ production supply chain (audits, traceability & changes in standards).
- Together with key suppliers set up and implement improvement plans for the energy, water, waste, GHG footprints
- Work with the sustainability team for comprehensive reporting on our production supply chain sustainability progress
- Develop sustainability packaging strategy in line with our goal of circularity by 2023
- Together with the LCA center, verify strategy on its impact and develop assessments for all products. Advice and support innovation/ sourcing team with implementation of strategy in the new product development process.
- Be at the forefront on sustainable packaging trends and assess viability for the brand via LCA.
- Define strategy direction for Rituals’ product formulations and implement within the innovation team
- Develop product certification plan as part of Rituals’ sustainability program
Skills and Experience Required
- Master degree
- Proven and a minimum relevant track record of 7 to 10 years in sustainability management
- ideally within cosmetics and / or a retail environment
- Experience with the B Corp Certification will be viewed favorably Exemplify a high degree of interpersonal, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication and fluency in English is critical.
The Sustainability Manager will report to the Director Innovation & Sustainability and will work closely together with her team and the sourcing team.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: nl-nl.careers.rituals.com.