Mars Food has been pioneering sustainable sourcing for years – delivering on ambitious, concrete & results-driven commitments on GHG, water, farmer livelihoods and sustainable rice farming practices.
A sustainability strategy is being developed for Mars Food, and one of the key elements of the sustainability strategy will be about transparency and the need to report on progress made against sustainability targets in the Mars Food supply chains with accurate and reliable data. Currently, the data on Mars Food supply chains is scattered across various data collection tools and various owners, and the sustainability programs data is being reported on by implementing partners individually, through narrative progress reports. It is very difficult to connect all the dots between sustainability impacts, suppliers performance and supply chains as well as sourced volumes of raw materials.
In order to be able to track our progress against commitments in a more streamlined way, and in order to connect all the data that the Mars Food commercial team collects on supply chains with the data our implementing partners and suppliers produce on our sustainability programs, we are looking for an intern that could help us build a platform or system that allows us to do just that.
What are we looking for?
- Master student in a relevant field required (e.g. Sustainability, International Development, Economics, Statistics, Supply chain management, Procurement, Business Administration)
- Experience using software packages, data analysis programs, database management software
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate highly complex findings to focus on the critical issues and actionable opportunities
- Familiarity with program monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Proven ability to work independently, a self-starter attitude
- Background in working with a multi-cultural team across time zones
- A proactive way of working, flexibility & enthusiasm
- Fluent speaking and writing level in English
- Ability to work at least 4 days a week for at least 5 months
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Mapping of available digital tools that are currently being used by different teams within Mars Inc and Mars Food (commercial, quality and assurance, corporate, etc)
- Liaise with the Mars Digital Technology and data teams, as well as with the Mars Global Services teams and raw material buyers to understand what potential available tools exist
- Develop a dashboard/system/templates that can be used by relevant teams in Mars Food (commercial, corporate affairs, sustainability) and allows us to:
- Leverage existing data collection tools and systems
- Collect key data from suppliers and implementing partners in a consistent and standardized way
- Triangulate and analyze sourcing and sustainability data
- Report on our key sustainability metrics
Meer informatie/solliciteren: careers.mars.com.