Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organisation that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2014, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has more than 4,900 members from 96 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organisations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil is already certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a non-profit organisation is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its people. They are the ones who drive our organisation to new heights and guide us through the next phases of our development.
The Shared Responsibility Manager will assist the Head of the Shared Responsibility Unit in implementing the activities outlined in the ‘Shared Responsibility (SR) Requirements and Implementation 2019’ document meant to drive uptake and demonstrate sustainability leadership within the RSPO membership. All RSPO members are committed through the RSPO Code of Conduct (3.2) to support the vision “to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm”. Shared Responsibility is part of the RSPO Members’ Code of Conduct, and was formally adopted in the revised RSPO Principles and Criteria (P&C) in 2018. A new SR Unit will be created to ensure effective implementation and monitoring, incentive and sanction mechanisms, and communication of the SR requirements.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing, coordinating, facilitation of the SR Working Group (SRWG) and other SR related meetings with relevant Standing Committees and working groups.
- Monitoring & evaluating the implementation of the SR based activities, ensuring compliance to the ToC strategies related to SR.
- To collect, report and distribute progress of SR implementation internally (BoG, respective head of departments and Secretariat) and externally.
- To organize SR public and internal consultations/workshops and to ensure appropriate socialisation of requirements and results to internal and external key stakeholders.
- To document lessons learnt from implementation of SR and communicate to internal and external stakeholders such as RSPO workstreams (Working Groups, Task Forces, Standing Committees, Board of Governors, etc).
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.linkedin.com.