We are looking for a people-oriented process thinker, who can act with considerable independence as our subject matter expert on environmental and sustainability programs.
For our location in Oss, we are currently recruiting a Senior Specialist Environment, Sustainability and Safety
Welcome to our team
Our Biotech Operations organization in Oss (~550 employees) is responsible for the commercial manufacturing of drug substances for our biologics-based medicines, including an immuno-oncology product. The manufacturing is supported by lab scale manufacturing as well as labs with extensive testing capabilities. Our Global Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) department provides safety and environmental support for our human health organization at our Biotech facilities in Oss in order to drive towards world class EHS performance. With 7 employees, the department covers all the essential EHS expertise with focus on Biorisk Management, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Management and Environmental programs and High Risk Work Programs.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Associate Director, Global Safety and Environment, you are responsible for the environmental compliance and sustainability strategy for our Biotech facilities in Oss. In this position you will be responsible for leading and driving implementation of all site environmental and sustainability programs, ensuring compliance with both local and country regulatory and global company requirements and providing environmental technical support for (capital) engineering projects and operations. In addition, generic EHS knowledge and experience is required related to e.g. management of EHS Legislation and regulation and Management of Change.
- Ensuring compliance with company environmental licenses and permits;
- Assuring completion of all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with European, Netherlands and local EHS requirements, including our company standards;
- Managing and driving our ambitious sustainability program;
- Monitoring and influencing local regulatory climate, negotiating, and advocating with EHS regulatory agencies and external stakeholders;
- Developing guidance to site operations on impact of new regulations and how to meet new requirements;
- Preparing environmental permit applications, including environmental reporting;
- Investigating and reporting Environmental and safety Incidents and trends, including developing appropriate corrective and preventative actions;
- Coaching site operations leaders to be visible EHS advocates in their areas of responsibility;
- Shows leadership in setting direction and expectations for environmental and Safety requirements to capital project teams;
- Reporting environmental and Safety performance data on a quarterly basis in our organization and as required to local authorities;
- Communicating complex technical and regulatory information clearly and consistently to both senior level site leaders and shop floor colleagues;
- Will act as key support for Associate Director of EHS.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: jobs.msd.com.