South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
This role will be responsible for the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy mandates on sustainability topics for corporate clients with agricultural value chains (AVC), which includes (but not limited to) sectors like food & beverage, fashion & retail, cosmetics and agricultural trading/processing sectors. You will be accountable for the development and overall management of proposals, as well as for the implementation of projects in these sectors, for which you will supervise various project teams. You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as the main point of contact for the client. In addition, you will contribute to the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges for these sectors.
- Manage and supervise large to complex sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our international, regional and local clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals with Key Account Management teams and regularly generate own leads, actively contributing to the business development activities of the company.
- Provide guidance and technical leadership in developing proposals and implementing advisory projects, as well as lead their technical review.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Support the AVC practice in further developing South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings.
- Lead and directly manage teams of consultants in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Coach and mentor junior consultants, transferring knowledge and skills and contributing to their professional development.
- Topics of engagement may include: supporting companies in understanding their environmental impact (GHG accounting, deforestation, water, biodiversity etc.), helping them set sustainability targets, developing strategies to reduce their environmental footprint, including on-farm mitigation options, value chain interventions, supplier engagement, and sustainable sourcing, among others..
Meer informatie/solliciteren: careers.southpole.com.