NL Business (NLB) is a department at FMO that focusses on creating partnerships leading to shared value for both Dutch businesses and for the development in emerging markets. The department consists of five teams: i) Export & Investment Solutions (EIS), (ii) Project and Partnership Development (PPD) (iii) Business Development (BD) (iv) Risk, Portfolio and Fund Management and (v) Environmental and Social Sustainability (E&S). In the near future, NLB will transfer into Invest International (in opbouw), a planned merger between NLB and a part of “Rijksdienst Voor Ondernemend Nederland” (RVO) to create a one-stop-shop for Dutch businesses exporting and investing internationally.
NLB is looking to expand our E&S team with a (Senior) Environmental and Social Officer. The environmental and social officer sits within the E&S team and works hand in hand with our investment and project development staff and our clients, to ensure due regard of environmental, social and human rights impact and risk considerations throughout the project development and investment process. The officer will be based within the NL Business department but will also be connected to and work closely with FMO’s broader group of Impact and ESG professionals which service FMO’s various business units. The officer will report to the Manager E&S NLB.
The (Senior) Environmental and Social Officer (“ESO)” ensures that transactions are structured and managed to meet the requirements of FMO’s Environmental & Social (E&S) and human rights standards. Contributes to corporate priorities. Provides coaching to E&S Analysts.
Further The ESO Will Be Responsible For
- Appraising the environmental, social and human rights impacts and risks of NLB investments, against the requirements of the NLB and FMO Sustainability Policy, which builds primarily on the IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability (IFC PS) and the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) and agreeing on gap-filling actions.
- Providing training and coaching to (private and public sector) clients and NLB staff on environmental, social topics and human rights, while working in close co-operation with other officers to incorporate FMO’s Sustainability Policy in NLBs investment process.
- Actively managing the investment and project development process and portfolio (with private and public sector counterparts) to help ensure a high level of risk assessment and management.
- Providing strategic input to the NLB annual business plan and act as cornerstone for the NLB teams and NLB management team to create proper and well-balanced E&S risk aware environment
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with finance partners and other relevant stakeholders (especially RVO, Atradius Dutch State Business, IFC and the Dutch Banking Sector), keeping track of evolving standards, knowledge and expectations, and promoting the continuous improvement of FMO policies, processes and standards.
- Serving as trusted advisor to other members of the deal team, including effectively advising on E&S ‘bottom lines’
- Building up and maintaining relationships with FMO’s Impact and ESG community as well as with NLB’s Risk and Portfolio Fund Management unit.
- Representing NLB at meetings, industry events, and environmental, social, or human rights fora, and liaising with external stakeholders such as development finance institutions, NGOs, government representatives and independent experts.
- Maintaining, updating, and helping develop NLB management systems, guidelines and tools relating to environmental and social matters (particularly on impact reporting, ESG performance tracking, SusTrack)
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.linkedin.com.