Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The Senior Director Sustainability EMEA is a senior level leadership position and a critical member of the EMEA leadership team. This position works directly with the EMEA President and Divisional Commercial Leaders, to develop and implement commercial strategies relating to Sustainabilty and drive long term growth and profitability for the EMEA region. The leader in this position must be able to operate at both strategic and tactical levels, to effectively develop and drive the EMEA growth strategy in key markets, by identifying growth levers, prioritizing and filtering opportunities, to improve the full value chain within EMEA. The role must successfully build strong relationships across all business units and functional departments within the Division, Group, Corporate Development and strategic accounts organizations.
In particular, as a subject matter in Sustainability, you will demonstrate your experience of external practice to better position a one Thermo Fisher Scientific offering in EMEA. You will leverage our range of products and technologies, to customers seeking sustainable solutions, and work internally to improve our sustainable practices.
- The role will work closely with the EMEA Leadership Team to understand and build alignment of EMEA activities to drive growth and market share gains in line with the Company Goal Tree, specifically in the area of Sustainability
- Support the president to lead the development of a regional EMEA Sustainability strategy, including mapping the integrated themes of compliance, commercial opportunities, and determining priorities relating to Energy leads generated from FIT (Financial Investment Tool) and other funding mechanism
- Create visibility and alignment of Sustainability initiatives from corporate and divisional or group teams, to the local country models – across global, regional and local implementation
- Identify and provide linkages to our commercial leadership to support incremental Commercial growth opportunities for Thermo Fisher resulting from legislative initiatives within the EU Green Deal and similar governmental sustainability commitments, working with Government Relations, country leaders and others in the stakeholder map. Lead a co-ordinated approach to addressing these with Thermo Fisher’s portfolio of Sustainable products including Batteries, Hydrogen and Semi Conductors (longer term)
- Drive cross-collaboration and partner with commercial and other key functions/businesses (e.g. CSR, IT, portfolio management, PPI, pricing, finance, customer service, Thermo Fisher Country leaders, other Thermo Fisher divisions)
- Work with leadership in EMEA Finance and Marketing (strategy and analytics) to understand which levers are for growth, how to prioritize opportunities, translate the financial narrative into conctrete models and proposals for the divisions
- Work closely with Public Relations to increase public awareness of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s impact in the area of sustainability
- Identify the internal team members currently involved with sustainability and create an EMEA Green steering committee or similar to align and magnify the results of initiatives, while optimizing our current resources and identifying potential for additional skills and or tools
- Drive consistency in relation to sustainability compliance for tender requirements to reduce the risk of tenders lost due to low sustainability score
- Collaborate with commercial and non-commercial leaders to improve our sustainable practices across the region. Measure and improve results through a metrics-driven, continuous improvement culture. Prepare reports for presentation at the company level on results and achievements.
- Provide overall cross-divisional leadership, strategic insight, country analysis, industry/marketing analysis, competitor benchmark and customer research, financial assessments with regard to sustainable practices
- Liaise with the local country pilots implementing the EMEA Sustainability strategy
- Lead with influence and intensity across divisions and functions
- Champion and drive lean PPI business processes and operations
Meer informatie/solliciteren: jobs.thermofisher.com.