LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world’s largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential — and responsibility — to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That’s why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products.
This is the role
The senior sustainability communication advisor is responsible for developing and leading the corporate sustainability communications strategy and ensuring consistency of messaging and alignment across the enterprise. They are the central point of contact for the Sustainability and Public Affairs teams, and serve as the subject matter expert for all sustainability communications.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Key contact client manager for the sustainability team
- Subject matter expert for sustainability communications within corporate communications
- Primary executive support for SVP, Sustainability speaking engagements
- Develops and leads the internal and external sustainability corporate communication strategy
- Creates the editorial strategy and digital sustainability content for Elements, LYB.com, social media and LYB content hub
- Regularly trains and informs the Public Affairs team about new verbiage/visuals to ensure consistency of messaging
- Creates and maintains key corporate sustainability resources, such as, but not limited to key message documents, corporate sustainability power point presentations, and training materials.
- Communicates proactively with public affairs, sustainability, and business colleagues on upcoming communications to ensure awareness and alignment among all stakeholders
- Leads the development of the sustainability report wrapper and rollout of communications on an annual basis
- Represents the company in sustainability-focused communication work groups (ie. Alliance to End Plastic Waste and WEF)
- Reviews sustainability-related documents and language from other functional areas where applicable (external, marketing communications, internal) for accuracy and consistency
- Works in partnership with Public Affairs leadership to identify and assign communication colleagues to lead and execute specific projects when not clearly defined
Meer informatie/solliciteren: careers.lyondellbasell.com.