B Lab Europe
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership.
B Lab has partnered with the UN Global Compact to develop an online platform for SDG focused impact management. In order to further this collaborative work, B Lab and B Lab Europe will together work to drive adoption of the SDG platform by European companies. The platform will be launched by B Lab in early 2020 as a module of the B Impact Assessment, and B Lab Europe will promote this through strategic partnerships, public engagement, and direct programming and marketing for companies. This post is funded by a grant from Generation Foundation for the period until end of 2021.
B Lab: Background
B Lab was created in 2006 for the purpose of serving a global movement of people using business as a force for good, so that all companies will compete to be not just best in the world but also best for the world, and as a result society will enjoy a more shared and durable prosperity.
Inspired by B Lab, B Lab Europe was created in 2014 for the purpose of redefining success in businesses and the economy in Europe.
To serve their shared purpose, B Lab authorises B Lab Europe to use its intellectual property to recruit and support companies to achieve and maintain certification as B Corporations and to promote stakeholder governance and impact management at scale.
SDG Programme Manager
B Lab is seeking a programme lead to work on B Lab’s multi-year Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) programme with a geographic focus on Europe and the UK. This marquee programme will engage thousands of businesses globally through a web-based standards product that will leverage the B Impact Assessment for them to assess, compare, and improve their performance towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, delivering tangible progress on them by 2030.
The SDG programme lead will join and contribute to the B Lab Europe and B Lab UK teams, working closely with European country partners from Switzerland to Spain, Denmark to Portugal. The post holder will also coordinate closely with the US-based team leading the global implementation of this programme. A key element of the role will be to drive the development and implementation of impact improvement products, resources, and tools to create significant business transformation to accelerate impact in the B Economy. This position will be responsible for the launch, the marketing campaign, the user engagement, and impact storytelling of this new programme at B Lab Europe and UK.
Details of the role of SDG Programme Manager
1. Identify the key target company groups for use of the platform in Europe, ranging from certified B Corps through to companies that have not yet certified; learning from other B Lab’s Global Partners in this process.
2. Analyse findings of the 70+ beta testers (to be testing during the Autumn) of the platform across Europe and the UK, to ensure conversion from tester to returning user.
3. Build out awareness and interest in the finalised platform to be released after beta testing in January 2020.
4. Create and deliver a communications and engagement strategy for rolling out the tool widely to meet key deliverables in terms of increasing number of users up to over 1000 by Spring 2021.
5. Build relationships with European networks and partnerships for wide take up of the platform to ensure we have strong pan European regional company engagement.
6. Work to design, pilot and roll out specific programme offerings for companies around use of the tool to measure and manage their impact to the SDGs, and ensure they are seamlessly integrated with other B Lab UK and Europe offerings.
7. Support and assess companies’ use of the tool as a driver for change in behaviour.
8. Develop guidance on how companies can set and achieve improvement goals based on their assessment of their contribution to the SDGs in close coordination with B Lab Global’s SDG Programme team and to ensure companies are making the most of that platform feature.
9. Write blogs, articles, vlogs, other materials on the project findings / case studies in close coordination with B Lab Global’s SDG Program team.
10. Co-develop, with B Lab Global SDG Program team project team, mechanisms for evaluating the platform’s use, impact and overall performance; share key insights and lessons learned both within the Global Partner network and the broader public, as relevant.
11. Report quarterly on progress, take up, and on key project deliverables.
12. Act as a bridge between country partners across Europe and B Lab Global for this programme.
13. Provide support to companies using the B Impact Assessment tool in support of certification and impact improvement.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.bwork.com.