Smart Freight Centre (SFC)
Are you passionate about reducing the climate impacts originating from multiple industry sectors involved in transport, freight and logistics? What about working alongside some of the largest companies and NGOs in the world to drive their initiatives towards a decarbonized planet? To help achieve our mission, we need more highly skilled and motivated people to join our international team.
Period: November 2022 – May 2023 – the interim contract may result in extended employment
Location: Amsterdam or a suitable home location in Europe
About Smart Freight Centre
Smart Freight Centre (SFC) is an NGO that has gained a lot of attention during the past 8 years by leading the way to an efficient and zero-emission global freight sector. We drive transparency and mobilize multinational companies and their logistics partners to take action through the adoption of globally harmonized guidelines which enable companies to calculate, report and reduce their emissions.
Sustainable Freight Buyers Alliance (SFBA) is the main collaboration and action platform of Smart Freight Centre. The initiative was launched in May 2022, hence it is still a new program which is constantly evolving, with the support of its partners like the World Economic Forum and BSR, and with its members like PepsiCo, Unilever, HP Inc. etc. SFBA aims to evoke a system change in the freight and logistics sector by mobilizing shippers to lead collaborative freight decarbonization projects. Together in SFBA, parties will set off a flywheel of progress which will consequently promote innovation, cost reduction of sustainable solutions, unlock investments, and establish a critical number of companies backing enabling policy asks.
About the position
Your role is to manage the “Collaboration Catalyzer” component of the Sustainable Freight Buyers Alliance (SFBA). You will be working closely with the SFBA Director and other team members on building and tracking concrete freight emission reduction collaborations. SFBA’s Collaboration Platform enables SFBA members to find matching projects and partners for freight emission reduction projects and initiatives. Working in a small and internationally oriented team interacting with multiple external partners, your task will be to identify the right framework and process to support projects on the online Collaboration Catalyzer. You will support the identification of emissions reduction projects and opportunities that have the potential for collaboration among SFBA members and partners. Once qualified and approved by stakeholders, you will be responsible for promoting these projects across the SFBA’s Collaboration platform, driving them through the different stages of project development and, post-implementation, tracking and reporting the positive impact achieved.
We ask you to:
- Engage with relevant freight transportation and logistics initiatives and multinational partners to identify concrete projects that can be added toward the SFBA’s Collaboration Catalyzer
- Design and update a framework and supporting process for assessing potential collaboration focused projects and to evaluate their expected decarbonization impact for companies.
- Write and execute collaboration focused proposals in response to opportunities discussed and agreed with partners
- Manage relationships and relevant requirements with collaboration partners
- Manage the Collaboration Catalyzer component of SFBA’s online platform
- Engage and initiate communications related tasks to other projects relevant to SFBA (e.g. writing case studies, blogs, or news items)
- Represent SFC at external partnerships, events and meetings
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.smartfreightcentre.org.