VION Food Group
Headquartered in Boxtel in the Netherlands, Vion is an international food company with production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium and sales support offices and representatives in sixteen countries across the globe. Our Pork, Beef, Food Service, and Retail Business Units produce fresh pork and beef meat, meat-products, and plant-based food products for the retail, food service, and the meat processing industry. We are positioned at the mid-point of these supply chains, balancing demand and supply and, together with our chain partners, are driving the transition towards future-proof protein chains. In doing so, we as Vion strive to take a frontrunner position in our industry and provide ‘Food that Matters’ for a world where people enjoy safe and healthy food from sustainable sources.
At Vion we see it as our main task to produce food with care for People, Planet & Animals. Not only do we think this to be a crucial element for our license to operate, but we also believe this to be key to build a sustainable future for Vion and our chain partners. With this in mind, on an ongoing basis, we run a vast amount of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects and initiatives. The CSR Program Manager is responsible for managing the overall Vion CSR project portfolio. This consists of project development, implementation, coordination and reporting. In this role you will be part of the group sustainability team that consists of specialists in the organization and on the different CSR themes.
Our CSR program has an integrated link with our corporate strategy in which we aim to Build Balanced Chains (BBC) together with farmers and our customers. A big part of the BBC development focuses on CSR elements and for a considerable part, our CSR program needs to be realized via our BBC strategy. You therefore will also have to work in close collaboration with our operations, commercial, and support teams such as Strategy, Finance, Communication and QA. The candidate will be stationed at the Vion Headquarters in Boxtel, but also travel across project locations at his/her own discretion.
You will be working at the Result and Delivery Office (RDO) at the HQ of Vion in Boxtel, but also collaborate extensively with sustainability experts in the business units (BU’s). The RDO is Vion’s central strategy body that plays an important role in driving Vion’s strategy, innovations and CSR agenda. The RDO initiates, coordinates and supervises strategic projects including CSR, provides support on analytical issues, and monitors reporting and project timelines. In addition, the RDO has the mandate, while executing these projects, to flag new strategic topics, to refine the portfolio where necessary and to detail this further. You report to the Director RDO.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Project (portfolio) development
- Developing project portfolio management approach for coordinating the group CSR program
- Supporting (BU) sustainability specialists to translate overarching ambitions and targets into actionable local roadmaps and concrete local project proposals
- Supporting (BU) sustainability specialists in the development of new business cases for sustainability projects in areas such as animal welfare, carbon footprint and biodiversity
- Working with our BBC team, commercial team and sustainability colleagues to prepare proposals for (potential multi-stakeholder) partnerships
2. Project implementation
- Supporting BUs in the set-up of local teams for project management, execution, KPI monitoring, and progress reporting (with the support of sustainability specialists)
- Supporting local teams on sustainability goals such as carbon footprint reduction, plastics reduction, biodiversity improvement (with the support of sustainability specialists)
- Supporting (BU) sustainability specialists to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Creating synergies between different projects across BUs and identifying optimization opportunities and solutions that link CSR to business targets
- Acting as an ambassador and managing the various project teams within a matrix structure
3. Project reporting
- Preparing internal program and project reporting and monitoring
- Sharing project progress report with Vion Management Board and Executive Committee
- Supporting in communication and preparing (external) reporting and for shareholders, chain partners and other stakeholders in liaison with the group Communication and Finance team
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.vioncareers.com.