EIT Climate-KIC (Knowledge and Innovation Community) is Europe’s foremost climate innovation initiative. We understand that keeping global temperature rise below 1.5˚C demands unprecedented change. It requires new social dynamics, ways of doing business, capital flows, policymaking, economic models, and new ways of living. That is why our mission is to leverage the power of systems innovation to transform whole places, industries, and value chains by 2030, working across sectors to develop and scale ambitious, mission-led programmes.
Established in 2010 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we orchestrate a community of more than 400 organisations including large corporations and SMEs, municipal and regional governments, universities, and research institutes, as well as non-governmental organisations and uncommon actors. Historically, we have been funded by our founder and core funder, the European Institute for Innovation and Technology (EIT), but we are currently transitioning to a multi-funder model.
EIT Climate-KIC colleagues are based in one of our local offices across Europe or work remotely from home based in one of the countries where we have a branch. We meet at our local offices to exchange and connect and use online collaboration tools work with each other and with our Community. On occasion, we meet in-person as teams, and once per year as an organisation.
As a mission-driven organisation dedicated to climate transformation, we consider the climate impact of our own actions, for example travel, catering, or IT equipment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
NetZeroCities is an initiative launched as part of the European Green Deal and directly linked to the European Commission Mission for 100 Climate-neutral and Smart Cities by 2030. EIT Climate-KIC is the lead organization of a 34-member consortium comprising NetZeroCities and will lead the process and coordinate across all Work Packages for the project. To deliver excellence in this project, EIT Climate-KIC will have a focused team with high capabilities to lead a complex, multi-sectoral, multi-partner project.
The NetZeroCities Partnership Manager will develop sustained partnerships across local, regional, national and European levels to ensure the active involvement of all relevant stakeholders. This role will work closely with consortium partners to enhance and strengthen multi-level governance activities, ensure continuous collaboration and strong links with complementary projects, initiatives and programmes, and establish lasting partnerships with institutions, organisations and networks.
We are seeking an experienced individual with experience in mapping and managing complex partnerships, working in a high pace environment with the emotional intelligence to engage with different stakeholders often with competing priorities. This person will need to be adept at all aspects of partnership management and above all committed to doing what it takes to enable bold and transformative change, building confidence in others, and at the same time supporting all partners in the project. This role will require a highly innovative person, at ease with complexity and the uncertainty that comes with it. Mindset matters. We are looking for someone who understands the systemic work central to NetZeroCities, offers creativity and pragmatism in fostering excellence in execution, and has the emotional intelligence and experience to build and hold multiple and diverse relationships.
The NetZeroCities Partnership Manager will be an integral part of the Partnerships, Policy and Networks team responsible for various task including:
- Work collaboratively with the Work Package lead to map partnerships, initiatives and project in the area of climate neutrality.
- Develop a database of these partnerships, initiative and projects which will look to strengthen the local and regional dimension on the NetZeroCities project, while also making a stronger connection to the European level by introducing a screening of relevant EU actions.
- Support the design of a Framework Memorandum of Understanding which will set out the shared intent and objectives for the partnership and specifying mechanisms to support cooperation, and learning/knowledge exchange.
- Identify potential collaboration opportunities and cultivate strategic partnerships.
- Support the reporting processes and protocols of the Partnerships, Policy and Networks team.
- Engaging and aligning NetZeroCities with other EU initiatives to accelerate the scaling of stakeholder engagement to support the Mission implementation.
- Working to ensure that key EU policymakers and relevant stakeholders are not only informed but actively engaged in the Mission
- Develop an overview of relevant programmes and initiatives that either have been or are in the process of being created to support cities to become climate neutral.
- Support in creating an agile approach to EU-level policy, governance and regulatory innovation through designing and delivering collaborative topic driven by multi-actor policy, governance and regulatory innovation labs
- Work collaboratively through peer exchange, partnerships and capacity building to create systemic change for urban sustainability.
Key Working Relationships
- NetZeroCities Programme Manager
- NetZeroCities Partnerships, Policy and Networks Work Package Lead
- NetZeroCities Consortium Partners
- Cities associated with the Mission for 100 Climate-neutral and Smart Cities by 2030
- Other initiatives associated with the Mission for 100 Climate-neutral and Smart Cities by 2030
- Other stakeholders
Meer informatie/solliciteren: climatekic.recruitee.com.