Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
The post holder manages projects to update and expand the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards
(GRI Standards), which are used by thousands of organizations around the world to report their impacts
on the economy, the environment, and society.
The post holder is primarily responsible for managing projects to update and expand the existing set of
GRI Standards across economic, environmental, and social topics. This involves researching the relevant
topics, setting up and facilitating multi-stakeholder groups of technical experts focused on specific
related content areas, and translating this input into technical content in a Standard, with the aim of
developing standards that serve the public interest and promote global adoption of credible sustainability
reporting. The post holder is also responsible for managing public consultation processes and other
engagement processes to solicit stakeholder input for the development of each GRI Standard, and for
liaising directly with the Global Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB), GRI’s designated standard-setting
body, to obtain approval of the final Standard.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an understanding of sustainability reporting, excellent project
management skills, significant expertise leading multi-stakeholder initiatives, strong communication skills
(both verbal and written), experience in writing technical content, and a keen interest in the sustainable
The post holder will report to Senior Manager, Standards.
• Plans and implements Standards development projects as per the Standards Division’s work
program approved by the GSSB
• Manages the implementation of all related workstreams/projects in accordance with the GSSB
Due Process Protocol (where applicable), including budgetary responsibilities
• Performs research on relevant topics and drafts the technical content of Standards
• Pro-actively, timely, and effectively communicates with relevant actors with which the Global
Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB) is maintaining and developing strategic relationships
• Develops detailed project proposals and documents in preparation of project related briefings
• Provides input to the ongoing development of the GRI Standards and related documents and
• Maintains relationships, focused on future project options and programs
• Writes departmental documents and senior level correspondence
• Identifies and develops new possibilities and takes initiatives within the area of responsibilities
• Prepares for and attends events of the Standards Division and GRI departments
• Acts as spokesperson for the Standards Division, when and where this responsibility has been
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.globalreporting.org.