Website KIT Royal Tropical Institute
Community Manager KIT Campus
Would you like to work for a purpose driven organization? Are you able to facilitate valuable exchanges, partnerships, and business opportunities contributing to the UN 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda? We offer an exciting role within the SDG House team at the world’s first SDG House located at KIT’s landmark building in Amsterdam. This role will place you at the heart of a high-energy, entrepreneurial team that is committed to foster partnerships for sustainable change. This opportunity will enable you to work with leading SDG organisations and interact with different type of community members ranging from local start-ups to international corporates. There will also be ample opportunities to work across different areas within KIT.
KIT’s mission is to engage the power of knowledge and hospitality to foster partnerships for an inclusive and sustainable world. Globally through our applied knowledge work with our network of partners and locally on our campus in Amsterdam which serves as an initiator, curator and host of SDG activities. The KIT campus is located in a beautiful park side setting, offering quality facilities, products and services that help to achieve a more sustainable and inclusive world.
SDG House is based at the KIT campus. KIT established the first SDG House in the world in 2017, a place where members meet and connect to work together to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. Our future ambition is a worldwide network of SDG Houses connecting and facilitating people, companies and other organisations that want to ‘Walk the Talk’: work together to accelerate and promote the SDGs.
· Develop a clear value proposition for KIT’s SDG House community
· Onboarding new members (internal and external)
· Curate content of online event calendar of the community
· Develop and execute innovative, online community concepts
· Assist in developing and co-moderating an online community platform
· Reach out to potential community members
· Ongoing communication with Hospitality and Real Estate managers to ensure that all campus activities are aligned
· Monitor and report on engagement levels and KPI’s
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
· You have 5+ years of substantial experience in community management
· You are pragmatic and have event planning experience
· You have affinity with sustainable development and KIT’s mission
· You are a well-spoken, commercial-minded representative and patient listener with the ability to clearly articulate your viewpoint to all of our community members
· You are a highly effective multi-tasker and super-connector: you are always seeking new valuable connections and you can effectively asserting influence
· You have an energetic, entrepreneurial spirit and great work ethics
· You have full professional proficiency in English and Dutch
What we offer
· Gross monthly salary starting from 2.692,00 to 3.480,00 Euro.
· We offer a market-competitive salary, based on age, qualifications and experience. In addition, there is an 8% holiday allowance, admission to the KIT pension fund (ABP) and opportunities for training and personal development
· A unique chance to join the SDG House interdisciplinary team in growth
· A dynamic organization with a strong entrepreneurial culture
· A flexible working schedule
· Possibility to really make a difference and contribute to the SDG agenda
· International working environment
Interested? Please send your CV and motivation letter, before the 14th of February, with a list of three references to Manager SDG House Jetteke van der Schatte Olivier using the following link. First interviews will take place on the 19th of February and second interviews will take place on the 22nd of February.
For more information, please contact Jetteke van der Schatte Olivier, through email@example.com
Meer informatie/solliciteren: kit.peopleinc.nl.