Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
The Head of Policy is responsible for developing and implementing GRI’s strategy for driving uptake and
effective usage of the GRI Standards by
1. Intergovernmental Organizations, such as the UN agencies, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), G7/G20, etc,
2. National governments.
(S)he will lead GRI’s engagement with Intergovernmental Organizations, such as the all agencies in the UN
Ecosystem, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), G7/G20 etc. In
addition (s)he will lead the engagement with national policy actors directly or in collaboration with heads of
GRI’s Regional Hubs.
(S)He will set, in close cooperation with colleagues in the Government Affairs Leadership Team, measurable
objectives, develop and execute the strategy including building and maintaining strategic partnerships
instrumental to the programs. The post holder is also responsible to deliver programs defined under
This post reports to the Chief External Affairs Officer and will join the External Affairs Leadership Team.
(S)He leads the Policy Team in coordination with other GRI’s functions and regional offices. (S)He identifies,
prioritizes and develops/maintains effective relations with influential actors on ESG topics in the policy area.
• Develops and implements the GRI global strategy to:
o Establish the GRI Standards as the global common standard for ESG disclosure in national and
multi-national governmental policies.
o Lead the harmonization of ESG disclosure policy requirements based on the GRI Standards.
o Strengthen the role of GRI-based reporting in connection to the UN Sustainable Development
• Identifies and participates in high priority policy initiatives to drive globally consistent and harmonized
ESG disclosure based on the GRI Standards.
• Leads engagement with prioritized intergovernmental organizations and national policy actors directly
and in collaboration with heads of GRI’s Regional Hubs.
• Lead the development of a global national policy outreach strategy in cooperation with the Regional
Hubs and support the Regional Hubs in the implementation of that strategy.
• Represents GRI at selected public events.
• Acts in an advisory capacity to the CE and the Executive Team about international policy and policy
• Identify and support pursuing funding opportunities in coordination with the Chief Development
• Responsible for the management of the team including:
o Definition of goals and KPIs in support of the overall GRI strategy.
o Directs budget preparation and expenditures for his/her team within External Affairs
o Collection and communication of key information on GRI adoption.
o Identification, prioritization and maintenance of key relationships.
o Financial planning, monitoring and reporting.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.globalreporting.org.