Land Life is a technology-driven nature restoration company that plants trees at scale. With a mission to restore the world’s 2 billion hectares of degraded land, Land Life applies science, data and technology to every step of the planting process. Land Life’s projects revitalize important ecosystems, improve biodiversity and create social and economic benefits for local communities by planting trees where it is needed most. They create impact you can see.
Land Life partners with both landowners in the private and public sector and leading “bluechip” corporates such as (inter)national financial institutions and consumer brands.
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Amsterdam, Land Life is experiencing rapid growth in all its regions. The team is currently made up of over 70 professionals in the Netherlands, Spain, Australia and the United States. To strengthen Land Life’s position and bring proven forestry expertise into the organization, they are looking for a Head of Forestry to be based in Amsterdam.
The position: Head of Forestry
Land Life has been working in nature restoration for the past 9 years and has planted millions of trees across the globe. With an increasing number of projects with increasing scale, they’re looking for someone with significant experience managing tree planting projects to improve the scale, efficiency and overall quality of delivery of their projects while ensuring a safe and healthy work environment at all times. This is a great opportunity to use your previous forestry experience to support a new approach focused on bringing back nature in degraded areas in an environment with people passionate about the cause.
Your most important responsibilities are:
- Implement best practice forestry procedures: develop and distribute best practice operating procedures for designing, planning, implementing and supervising a tree planting project. Leverage the outcomes of our monitoring data and the extensive local knowledge in our teams to ensure optimal design of planting projects.
- Oversee the set-up of excellent Health, Safety, Security and Environment systems: lead the design and implementation of an excellent and fitting HSSE quality management system and carry responsibility for knowledge transfer and implementation of the system over time.
- Integrate management of natural disasters: ensure projects are checked to minimize the impact of potential natural disasters such as wildfire, drought and diseases.
- Support decision-making on new projects: evaluate leads for new planting projects and provide recommendations from a forestry perspective to partnerships managers and MT.
- Manage monitoring and maintenance protocols: build on existing monitoring protocols and maintenance processes to continuously improve Land Life’s planting operations.
- Develop a holistic approach to landscape management: get involved in opportunities across the organization to develop a way for Land Life to apply a broader set of interventions for landscape management at a large scale.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.acre.com.