At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Location: The role can be located in any global location where Arcadis has a legal entity with preference for Europe, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
Purpose: The regulatory landscape for disclosure of sustainability performance has changed significantly in recent years, causing organizations to re-evaluate business processes and strategies and advance approaches to reporting and stakeholder engagement.
Your goal is to define the technical solution and client delivery approach for the development of enterprise-level sustainability disclosure and stakeholder engagement activities aligned with national and global frameworks and directives including CDP, the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD), the European Union Taxonomy for Sustainable Activities (EU Taxonomy), the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), GRESB, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), and the S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA), among others. You will support local and global clients and client teams as a recognized subject matter expert, leading high-profile client pursuits, co-creating delivery approaches, advising teams in interpretations of published guidance, and generating market insights for internal and external communications.
You will work horizontally across our four Global Business Areas – Mobility, Places, Resilience, and Intelligence – draw upon the multidisciplinary capabilities of our GBAs as needed to support global Sustainability Advisory while also driving “pull-through” of Arcadis asset-based knowledge and other technical services. You will support our global Sustainability Advisory go-to-market strategy, enabling profitable growth while meeting the growing demand for Sustainability Advisory services – all in partnership with other technical directors and Sustainability Advisory leaders around the world. You will be a key member of the global Sustainability Advisory leadership team.
Reporting Lines: The Global Technical Director, Sustainability Disclosure and Stakeholder Engagement reports to the Global Managing Director, Sustainability Advisory, closely collaborating with leads of our in-country Sustainability Advisory teams, other Global Technical Directors, as well as in-country sales and business area leaders across our four Global Business Areas.
- Define technical solutions and develop the delivery approach for the development of enterprise-level sustainability disclosures and stakeholder engagement activities aligned with leading reporting frameworks and directives (e.g., CDP, CSRD, EU Taxonomy, GRESB, SFDR).
- Document and communicate the status of current and pending sustainability disclosure-related regulatory activity globally (internal and external), with a focus on Europe and the United Kingdom, in addition to Asia, Australia, and North America.
- Identify priority locations for delivery of the technical solution and determines if expertise should be local or global.
- Build staff competence and skills in solutions, identifying local and global growth and development needs.
- Structure technical solution growth plan and executes a plan with global and local leadership.
- Identify and drive innovation and development of differentiated solutions and value propositions, including digital and standardization for Sustainability Advisory.
- Support high-profile global and local pursuits and client delivery, coordinating closely with sales and business area leaders in-country, as well as local project teams.
- Advise Sustainability Advisory global and local leadership on technical solution priorities, opportunities, and needs to inform global and local growth plans.
Key Shared Accountabilities:
- Support global Sustainability Advisory communities of practice.
- Support identification and prioritization of Sustainability Advisory-led sponsorships, organizational partnerships, events, and other external relationship-building.
- Support evaluation of external or development of internal tools and systems to support client delivery of Sustainability Advisory services, including sustainability disclosure and stakeholder engagement.
- Support development and execution of global and local marketing efforts to increase visibility, differentiation, and reputation for Sustainability Advisory.
- Work alongside global and local Sustainability Advisory leadership to evolve a go-to-market strategy for Sustainability Advisory.
- Definition of technical solution and delivery approach, solution growth plan, marketing/ and eminence plan
- Sustainability Advisory global growth plan; marketing and eminence plan; local hiring needs; local staff competence and skills development; global priorities, opportunities, and needs.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: careers.arcadis.com.