Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in over 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer
Avery Dennison is seeking an individual to provide subject matter expertise and leadership on environmental and social sustainability. This role will be a key contributor to the strategic direction and execution of the Company’s sustainability metrics. Work globally and cross-functionally to coordinate, align and proactively implement environmental sustainability initiatives encompassing the full value chain of the company’s products and services. Interface with key external stakeholders/partners on the company’s environmental sustainability initiatives to support strategic direction.
The candidate must be knowledgeable and passionate about sustainability issues and has an infectious drive and enthusiasm to inspire and educate others. Strong leader with demonstrated global experience and a relentless capacity to work across functions and organizational bounds to advance Avery Dennison’s capabilities and reputation regarding sustainability.
- Global leadership and management of projects related to the company’s sustainability goals of advancing the circular economy and reduction of our environmental impact
- Focused on enabling our low carbon product strategy, including measurements related to carbon footprinting, overall life cycle analysis
- Promote and support the development of our global sustainable product portfolio
- In collaboration with sourcing, operations and sustainability programs, develop a product stewardship program to minimize environmental and social impact throughout the lifecycle
- Support education program on sustainability. Develop training to various employee and management groups across regions on big-picture environmental awareness, environmental development guidelines, customer and vendor environmental scorecards, environmental metrics and sustainability initiatives
- Provide sustainability subject matter expertise and guidance on ESG disclosures.
- Assist in identifying and engaging key external stakeholders/partners on Material Group’s environmental sustainability initiatives to support strategic direction
Meer informatie/solliciteren: jobs.smartrecruiters.com.