Aegon Asset Management
Aegon Asset Management (AAM) is a global, active investment manager. Investors worldwide entrust our organization to manage approximately €345 billion on their behalf. Aegon Asset Management has operations throughout the UK, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
There is increasing investor demand and regulatory requirements for investment managers to operate a clear and focused responsible investment strategy. AAM has established a Responsible Investment Framework based on three pillars: ESG integration, Active Ownership and Solutions. In addition, most assets we manage are subject to the Aegon NV Responsible Investment Policy.
Real Asset investments, both debt and equity, involve significant operational activities which are subject to a different legal framework than listed securities. To ensure alignment with AAM’s Responsible Investment Framework, these activities require specialist real assets knowledge in order to record the impact of these activities and demonstrate to clients that Global Real Assets (GRA) manage their capital within a responsible investment strategic framework.
The Director will join the Global Real Assets platform and be part of the Global Research team. The GRA team works closely with AAM’s Responsible Investment team.
The Director will support the Global Real Assets team in the implementation of its Responsible Investment strategy and work alongside the Responsible Investment function to ensure alignment with AAM’s Responsible Investment Framework. In addition, the Director may support projects to analyze additional impact investments.
Specific projects and activities the Director would be responsible for include:
• Review and upgrade the responsible investment strategy for the GRA platform that captures the debt and equity investment activities of the GRA platform, and obtain approval to adopt this from the GRA Executive Committee and AAM Management Board.
• Establish and a common reporting framework that measures Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities across the GRA business units and products which sets out Objectives, Targets, Metrics.
• The GRA Sustainability Director should consider best market practice across different geographies and identify common monitoring and reporting objectives across the platform and create a 5 year plan for achieving those objectives, including how best to integrate this into the day to day activities of the GRA platform teams.
• Incorporate ESG into GRA investment decision making including investment committee recommendations.
• Develop a GRA Sustainability client focused publication that summarises the RI activities of the platform and supports the market profile of the GRA platform as a real assets lead
Meer informatie/solliciteren: careers.aegon.com.