Working at Mars is a mutually rewarding experience. Help us evolve the behaviours, ways of working and best practices to deliver enhanced effectiveness, speed and efficiency. Are you ready to be dazzled?
At Mars, we operate in 3 main Business Segments – in Pet, in Snacks & Treats and in Food. Food is the baby of the family – under$2bn – which we think is why we have great entrepreneurial spirit in our we operate and is what is enabling us to grow double digit. We have factories around the world producing our power brand like UNCLE BEN’S, SUZI WAN, DOLMIO and SEEDS OF CHANGE.
This role is part of the Global Food business and all the responsibilities pertain to this business unit. As the new Global Packaging Strategic & Sustainable Sourcing Manager you’reaccountable for Global Packaging Sourcing Strategy, including how it delivers against our sustainability goals to be 100% reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025. You’re leading the strategy development for three Global categories (Pouch, Glass and Caps) and in collaboration with other functions ensures its effective implementation.
You’re also responsible for the Global Value Leadership/Productivity program on primes and partnering with S&F to track delivery on total COGS and prime movement within financial year.
- Responsible to develop the Global sourcing strategies for pouch, glass and jar (approx $85m spend), that deliver against the business strategy and our goals on quality, service, value, sustainability and Innovation.
- Specifically, responsible to deliver the financial plan and identify and deliver >4% savings YOY, through the end to end supply chain. Responsible to develop the strategies, capabilities and process Improvements to enable this.
- Specifically, on sustainability, jointly responsible with Packaging Development Head to lead the strategy (and adjust where required) to deliver; 100% reusable, recyclable or compostable packaging to the consumer by 2025, 25% reduction In virgin plastic use and ensure 30% recycled content In our plastic packaging by 2025
Expectations to deliver In the role:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining differentiated supplier relationship management strategies, to maximise the benefit of supplier capabilities for Mars Food business. Specifically, managing 1 or 2 global strategic suppliers and a cross functional team (Internal and external) to deliver a jointly agreed long term value creation plan.
- Cultivate and create brilliant partnerships with Internal and external stakeholders to enable faster and better delivery of the strategy
- Responsible for designing and executing negotiations with suppliers and Implementing contractual agreements that create space for Innovation and protect Mars against risk and manage IP considerations
- Analysis the key cost drivers and underlying commodity and market dynamics, to understand risk and opportunities to Inform strategy evolution and risks and opportunities within a financial year
- Serves as a strategic member of cross-segment/cross business unit global packaging team to maximise strategic Impact, competitive advantage and scale benefit from a business wide approach
You will sit in the global procurement team, reporting to the Global VP Food Procurement. Day to day, you will operate most closely with the packaging leads across the functions and suppliers; Including R&D, Quality, Sustainability, Plant Managers and Procurement Operations. This will be within the segment and key roles In other segments. Key senior leadership stakeholders Included the Technical Leadership Team (Supply VP’s, Science and Technology VP, Q&FS VP and Innovation Director) arevery close and a productive partnership between this role and the Head of Packaging Development, is key to success!
Meer informatie/solliciteren: jobs.mars.com.