To put plant-based diets at the heart of the Food transition
About the European Alliance for plant-based foods (EAPF)
The European Alliance for Plant-based Foods (EAPF) brings together like-minded organisations in the plant-based value chain around a unique mission: To put plant-based foods at the heart
of the transition towards more sustainable and healthy food systems.
More people are turning to plant-based foods – products made from vegetables, grains, pulses (including soy), nuts, fungi, algae – out of concerns for climate change, biodiversity loss, human health or animal welfare. The Alliance strives for making this shift a reality, allowing consumers to access true, safe and sustainable alternatives to animal-based products.
The Alliance represents the entire plant-based value chain: Food producers and manufacturers, NGOs, academia and consumers.
For more info on our activities check the website: https://plantbasedfoodalliance.eu/#about )
Our Mission is to put plant-based foods at the heart of sustainable food systems, promote plant-based innovation and advance the transformation towards plant-based foods.
We are looking for an intern to join our advocacy and Public Affairs team in Brussels for a 6- month internship, starting on September 1st 2022.
You will research & monitor policy developments on the transition to more sustainable food systems and plant-based foods and support our advocacy and public affairs work. This is an opportunity to be fully part of the EAPF secretariat and gain first-hand experience of advocacy/public affairs, as well as have an impact in our team.
What you’ll do as you move with us:
The opportunity to have a first-hand relationship with the EAPF team and members and support them in the day-to-day work, including:
- Implementation of communication and advocacy programmes in the sustainable food system/plant-based food field.
- Drafting reports, briefings, and short notes on themes such as food transition, sustainable food systems, climate change,…
- Attending events and supporting our external engagement e.g. organising meetings & events.
- Supporting public affairs activities as well as office outreach to a wide range of stakeholders and EU institutions.
- Research & monitoring policy developments on sustainable food systems issues at EU, national and international levels.
- Monitor the EU media and analyse the main trends of relevance for our objectives. What we offer:
- A six-month full time Internship with a monthly cost allowance.
- A stimulating work experience within an EU affairs office and multicultural environment.
- Working from home flexibility.
Experience that contributes to your success:
- Knowledge and a keen interest in EU policy and decision-making processes, as well as the interinstitutional dynamics, with a focus on food transition, sustainable food system and plant-based food topics.
- Further education in a relevant field, such as EU or international politics, food policy law, environmental law, etc.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines on a timely manner.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with digital and social campaigns is an advantage.
- Critical thinking with a desire to learn in a fast-paced and international environment.
- Strong team spirit and experience in working in a multicultural environment are also
an important asset.
Excellent spoken and written English.
Previous public affairs experience in an EU institution, regulatory organization, trade
association, advocacy organization (NGO), company or consultancy is an advantage (but not essential).
Starting date – September 1st 2022.
As a result of COVID-19, EAPF employees are currently working partly remotely. Interviews will therefore take place by video conference. However, the successful candidate must be able to travel to Belgium at the start of the internship for a smooth onboarding process and work from Brussels from time to time.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: plantbasedfoodalliance.eu.