ASICS Europe BV is the European Headquarters of ASICS, one of the world’s largest sportswear manufacturers. As a multi-sports brand (ASICS and Onitsuka Tiger) ASICS offers an outstanding range of shoes, apparel and equipment. The philosophy of ASICS is to stimulate people in sports and to provide them with innovative high-tech products. The company was founded in 1949 in Japan. The European headquarters, with more than 300 employees, is located in Hoofddorp since 1995. Subsidiaries are located in various other European countries. Our people describe working at ASICS as passionate, focused on continuous improvement, performance, global, teamwork and quality.
To drive our company’s continuous integration of sustainability in every aspect of the business, ASICS Europe B.V. is looking for a skilled and passionate sustainability professional to support our CSR & Sustainability teams capacity during a maternity leave. As part of the team, you will be instrumental in shaping and implementing a comprehensive sustainability agenda within our EMEA region.
As a CSR & Sustainability Coordinator, you are part of the EMEA CSR & Sustainability team, based at our regional headquarters in Hoofddorp. You will collaborate with colleagues from other departments and entities within the region to ensure our people are engaged and capable to deliver on a variety sustainability targets and subsequent projects.
Our EMEA CSR & Sustainability team is closely connected our Corporate Headquarters in Kobe with whom we engage on strategy development and roadmap execution.
Position in the organisation
Reports to the (Interim) Manager CSR & Sustainability EMEA. The role is based in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Co-management of our AEG Environmental Management System, including external ISO 14001 surveillance audit preparation, internal audits and training.
- Liaise with AEG environmental representatives of different parts of the business, share regional best practices and feed into global direction and strategy. Develop and prepare environmental control project plans; reduce environmental impact of facilities and processes around topics of CO2, waste, water and toxicity (human and environmental) and monitor environmental data management.
Compliance and Product Sustainability
- Support daily product and consumer safety management including handling of questions from stakeholders, subsidiaries, customers and assist customer service teams in responding to consumer inquiries
- Continuous monitoring of compliance to ASICS CSR policies and EMEA legislation regarding sustainability in regards to our products, processes and facilities.
- Support development and execution of sustainability targets throughout the organization; contribute to strategy development globally and translate objectives into operational tasks and procedures.
- Create sustainability awareness and help embed and integrate CSR & sustainability standards at all operations and levels of the ASICS Europe Group
- Champions sustainability as source of innovation and added value for ASICS. Supports other projects managers on environmental and social upgrading of processes, footwear and apparel products and Direct To Consumer (DTC) services in collaboration within other departments.
- Liaise with representatives of multi-stakeholder initiatives, company headquarters and manufacturer management.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.linkedin.com.