Sustainability is at the heart of ORTEC. In 2018, we started calculating our impact on the world according to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), leveraging our passion for mathematics. And we are really proud of our results since then. In 2021 alone:
- We contributed to the employee satisfaction of over 948,000 people across our customer base (SDG 4)
- Our solutions enabled our customers to prevent the emission of 715 kiloton CO2 (SDG 7 and 13)reduced the CO2 footprint of 380 customers by 640 kiloton CO2
- We improved the financial performance of our customers by almost 800 million euro (SDG 8)
In 2021, ORTEC was awarded a gold medal by the EcoVadis Sustainability Rating. In that year we also decided to go carbon neutral and start to offset our remaining carbon emissions, while continuously reducing our carbon footprint
As our Corporate Sustainability Manager, you demonstrate leadership and provide guidance in our ongoing journey towards sustainable outperformance for ourselves and for our customers. In the past years, we have taken many steps already to explicitly measure and improve our own sustainability. A few examples are our sustainable travel and mobility policy for employees, recycling of waste and gender diversity. Besides this, we launched the Analytics for a Better World initiative in 2021, together with the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and senior staff from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to apply mathematics together with NGOs, the public sector, and non-profit organizations.
The position provides you the opportunity to be involved at almost every level within our (global) organization. Your initial responsibility is making sure our CSR data gathering and reporting becomes an integrated process in our organization, such that extending relevant certifications (such as Ecovadis Gold) becomes a normal process rather than a project. Furthermore, you are tasked to professionalize and expand our CSR activities and compliance in all four continents where we operate.
We invite you to develop this role towards a (more) strategic role. You will drive the efforts to implement our sustainability strategy, further embedding it into the ORTEC business, from innovation and R&D to our everyday business practices.
As you will not have a dedicated sustainability team at hand, it is important that you enjoy combining these hands-on activities with the strategic activities.
Main responsibilities of the position:
- Lead the effort to implement a sustainability strategy integrated into our day-to-day business, both internal and customer focused
- (Integrated) Reporting is an essential part of the role and will be the initial focus when you start at ORTEC
- Work with external auditors and stakeholders for certification purposes
- Maintain exemplary internal sustainability performance at ORTEC in the Netherlands and – over time – expand this across all ORTEC offices – tailoring towards relevant local policies and customer needs
- Be the “go-to person” for customer requests related to sustainability and required certifications; anticipate future developments and needs in these areas
- Enhance our company’s internal control systems in conjunction with our QRC team
- Coordinate and support ORTEC’s global community investments
- Achieve CSR goals as defined together with the Executive Team, through collaboration with corporate staff and relevant business leads
- Inspire our business teams and customers on the impact sustainability as a theme will have on the future of our business together; claim thought leadership for ORTEC on this topic
Meer informatie/solliciteren: careers.ortec.com.