Website Closing the Loop
Closing the Loop (CTL) helps IT departments across the globe turn their organisation’s sustainability targets into concrete results, in a pragmatic way. The award-winning social enterprise offers a widely adopted (and NGO-supported) service on sustainable IT purchasing, known as waste-compensation. CTL collects and recycles electronic scrap on behalf of its customers. It does this to compensate for the waste-footprint of the electronics purchased by its customer. The service delivers CTL’s customers positive impact and a great story. CTL’s service funds jobs and income for local communities in emerging markets, where the company has collected over 3 million scrap phones thus far.
We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and most of all hands-on Business Developer. He or she will be in charge of business growth and will team up with the CEO and other Business Developers and reach out to potential sales leads to expand the company’s business, especially within the technology sector. Telcos, producers, distributors and resellers will be the main target market for this function. This function will also generate quotes for potential customers and manage contracts. Next to that, he or she will manage relationships with clients. The ability to collaborate on every level of the business is important. This function will follow all steps of the sales process, from hunting for leads to the final closing of deals.
This function is asked to help us expand our clientele with the assistance of the commercial team (2.9 FTE). You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to expand the business and sign new contracts with clients.
The short term goal is to double CTL’s revenues through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients and partners. This is done in close collaboration with the CEO and founder of CTL. Although CTL has been serving some of the most challenging customers for over 4 years, this sales role will be very independent. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on go-getter who can make their own presentations or other materials, and find their own way through the sales pipeline, with a global mindset.
- Sales of CTL’s Waste Compensation service in Europe, specifically Benelux, Germany and the Nordic countries
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services while addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide feedback and after-sales support to the client
- Build long-term relationships with new customers
- Able to think strategically and co-create opportunities with the client
- ±5 years working experience as a sales executive
- Sales experience in the IT sector (Eg: resellers, distributors, OEMs)
- Strong people skills
- Ability to work with C-level as well as more junior stakeholders
- Proven commercial track record
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in Dutch is preferred
- German and French is a plus
- Market knowledge in corporate sustainability services is a plus
- Excellent Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.linkedin.com.