FairClimateFund is a social enterprise that focuses on developing international climate projects. Our mission is a fair climate: a world in which those who contribute most to climate change invest in climate projects that benefit people most vulnerable to the effects of climate change. We finance and implement climate projects together with local partners. We work according to Fairtrade principles and pay people in developing countries a fair price for the carbon credits they generate.
We focus on energy projects for low-income households such as clean cookstoves and biogas and landscape restauration. These climate projects reduce CO₂ emissions and deforestation and improve the living conditions of low-income people in developing countries. FCF is part of Cordaid Foundation.
FairClimateFund has built a unique position in the market as a provider of high-quality Gold Standard and Fairtrade certified carbon credits. We want to expand our business model in the coming years from a current level of EUR 10 Mio to triple in the coming 5 years. The team consists of 10 people and is based in Utrecht and a partner in India with also 10 people.
- Development of impactful climate projects in developing countries in the clean cooking sector. These projects not only generate climate impact (carbon emission reduction), but also other SDG impact. You develop these project into business propositions for our clients. Business models can be 100% commercial and/or partially grant based (e.g., Result Based Finance). Propositions focus on mitigation and/or adaptation and other SDGs like clean cooking, women empowerment, sustainable landscape development and health.
- Pitch, test and implement the business proposition jointly with selected partners to clients, finance networks, institutions, and foundations.
- Coordinate and implement Gold Standard and Fairtrade certification in current and future climate projects.
- Generate and disseminate up to date knowledge on climate financing and carbon market developments.
- Provide input to clients e.g., on footprints and carbon reduction strategies
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.fairclimatefund.nl.