ING Sustainable Investments is looking to expand the team by hiring an Associate with a postgraduate degree (Master, MSc, PhD) in engineering and/or science and relevant work experience.
Are you passionate about investing and environmental sustainability? Do you believe that sustainable business is the future? A growing number of scale-ups and established companies have adopted sustainable business strategies to ensure their long term profitability. As a result new business models and innovative technologies are emerging that require creative structuring solutions and technology assessment. Frequently scale-ups need growth capital to roll-out their strategy. This offers Sustainable Investments with solid business opportunities which, over time, will contribute to a sustainable global economy.
The team is the center of expertise for all tailor-made capital instruments related to sustainable businesses; ranging from subordinated debt to minority stakes. In addition, Sustainable Investments is a part of ING’s Think Forward Strategy and key priorities are to drive and grow the business, thereby enabling our clients with their transition.
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic individual who is ready to work in a dynamic commercial environment. Do you have the relevant experience, a commercial antenna, excellent presentation and in depth sustainability knowledge?
You can be part of it!
In this role you will play a key role in the structuring and execution of complex investments and debt transaction for scale-ups. The job involves:
- Frequent contact with (prospective) clients, co-investors and external advisors (e.g. lawyers, accountants, strategy consultants) in respect of origination and execution of transactions;
- Assessing investment opportunities including (i) validation of business models or (partially) proven technology, (ii) financial modelling, (iii) writing investment proposals and (iv) coordinating approval process;
- Managing and strengthening our external networks, as well as internal relationships within Wholesale Banking (i.e. Strategic Products, Sectors and Lending) and ING’s Grootzakelijk & international offices;
- Supporting the team’s origination efforts in identified areas like circular economy, energy transition and water;
- Contributing to monitoring our portfolio, including responsibility for different output generated by junior staff ;
- Enhancing our internal & external profile and putting the Sustainable Investments initiative on the map for employees, clients, peers, and other stakeholders; and
- Act as the technical expert in supporting knowledge and expertise building on new technologies across the Sustainable Finance teams and its network of ambassadors
Meer informatie/solliciteren: www.ing.jobs.