Site Aqua for All
Aqua for All is a not-for-profit organisation working towards facilitating sustainable access to safe drinking water and good sanitation for all (Sustainable Development Goal – SDG 6). We strive to create a sustainable and inclusive water and sanitation economy worldwide. We believe innovations, scalable solutions and access to capital are instrumental to bridge the current service delivery and financial gaps in the water and sanitation economy. Aqua for All bridges these gaps by supporting market-based solutions to become viable and scale while contributing toward achieving SDG 6. With our 17 years of experience in developing and supporting market-based approaches, we support local entrepreneurs and other initiators on their journey and offer funding, access to water sector expert network and to other financiers and impact investors.
Aqua for All has since mid-2019 started a new programme in collaboration with the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs up to mid-2024. Under this Making Water Count programme, Aqua for All operates in parts of Africa and South Asia. Our ambition is to achieve higher impact and to mobilise additional public and private investments for effective water and sanitation solutions.
We deploy our grant funding in selected innovative blended finance mechanisms targeting local SMEs and Financial Institutions with the goal to enable access to safe drinking water and sanitation for low-income households. More about the programme on our website: https://aquaforall.org/
As our innovative finance programme is gaining momentum, we are looking for a new colleague to join our team. The role is of:
Innovative Finance Officer (32-36 hours/week)
We are looking for a dynamic and fast-learning candidate with a passion for social entrepreneurship and blended finance for impact. The ideal colleague will bring experience in business and financial analysis of (early-stage) companies in low income countries. Having experience in the water and sanitation economy is a plus.
You contribute towards linking our support to companies in scaling their initiative with investor’s requirements, you support the structuring of our participation in selected blended finance mechanisms and you work side-by-side with programme managers in financially structuring such initiatives. This position is part of the innovative finance team and reports to the Operations Manager. You are based at our office in The Hague.
You will fill an exciting role that includes the following responsibilities:
1) Support the development and implementation of our innovative finance programme, in particular:
o Conduct background research and documenting finding for e.g. due diligence;
o Contribute to the design, structuring and implementation of innovative finance initiatives like Social Impact Incentives (SIINC);
o Prepare all relevant documents for decision making and reporting purposes;
o Liaise with partners/stakeholders and monitor progress;
o Support the development of guidelines and standards to further develop the innovative finance practice.
2) Business and Financial Analysis for designing technical assistance trajectories:
o Undertake business plan and financial model analysis of social enterprises to assess and design appropriate support trajectories toward investment readiness;
o Contribute to the design, structuring and implementation of Technical Assistance trajectories with SMEs active in the service chain of drinking water and sanitation;
o Manage and monitor TA contracts.
3) Supporting and providing expert knowledge in transformation processes of SMEs
· A passion for making finance work for positive impact on water and sanitation services for low income countries and communities;
· A Bachelor or Master degree in a finance & business related study;
· Demonstrable experience (minimum of 2-3 years) in impact investing and/or Technical Assistance trajectories, preferably experience of working with (early-growth stage) companies in developing countries (Africa and Asia);
· Hands-on mentality and excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
· You are able to conceptualise and implement concrete trajectories;
· Strong analytical skills, proven business and financial analysis skills, result-oriented attitude and entrepreneurial mindset;
· Strong affinity with international development in general and the mission of Aqua for All in particular;
· Ability to work collaboratively with others by demonstrating flexibility and openness to diverse approaches.
· A multidimensional position in a professional and diverse team of 24 experienced colleagues based in the Hague and in selected countries of our work;
· Responsible position with room for own ideas;
· Meaningful work in a dynamic international organisation;
· A 1-year contract with possibility of extension;
· A competitive remuneration following the salary scales of the Dutch government (‘CAO Rijk’);
· For now, we work partly from home and from our great working space in The Hague (Spaarneplein, near the Hague HS and 10 min walk from Central Station).
You can submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Innovative Finance Officer’’ in the subject line and include a motivation letter and CV. Application deadline is 4 October 2021.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: aquaforall.org.