LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world’s largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fourth consecutive year.
This is the role
The Advanced Polymer Solutions (APS) Sustainability Manager has ownership responsibility for the Advanced Polymers Solutions Sustainability Strategy. The position actively supports the regional Commercial, Technical and Manufacturing Organizations in their consistent execution of the strategy, including the coordination and management of certifications. The role is accountable for leading the development of content for internal and external reporting and communication; working closely and collaboratively with the LyondellBasell (LYB) Sustainability Team, R&D and other LYB Business stakeholders as the focal point to advance joint sustainability objectives. Additionally, the position will lead APS platform development projects and be accountable for establishing a Portfolio Sustainability Assessment (PSA) roadmap targeting a more sustainable product portfolio; while also leading Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) on the portfolio.
Success in the role would mean effective support of internal and external stakeholder groups to execute APS’ strategy, while also managing the communication between multidisciplinary interfaces to ensure good alignment and seamless coordination of interdependencies as LyondellBasell establishes a leadership position in this space.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understands LYB’s sustainability strategy, competitive and global sustainability Environmental Social Governance (ESG) trends; and leverages external knowledge to assist in continuously shaping LYB and APS sustainability strategies to reflect current societal and industry dynamics.
- Establishes and owns the sustainability strategy for APS, and supports key stakeholders in translating these consistently across the functions and regions into action plans while also supporting each stakeholder in their execution of the plans.
- Develop and establish sustainability KPIs (consistent with industry protocols) to coordinate, track and report progress towards achieving sustainability goals and targets across all regions with a sense of urgency.
- Assumes the lead in working with Marketing, Marketing Communications and other stakeholders to develop content for coordinated internal / external reporting and communications; including broad Industry, OEM and customer communications.
- Provides industry analysis and represents APS externally in industry sustainability associations ensuring that APS interests are represented as it relates to policy developments on sustainability.
- Leads APS sustainability platform development projects using the GIGP Stage Gate Project Management protocol, consistent with business objectives and societal trends while ensuring that associated IP is protected.
- Leads and coordinates the consistent advancement and execution of the sustainability strategy across the regions in key areas such as raw material sourcing, ISCC certifications, LCA and PSA activities; acting as the focal point for these activities.
- Leads APS Sustainability Governance & Strategy Execution Steering Team agenda, and represents APS on LYB sustainability teams including those in R&D, Procurement and Manufacturing, ensuring organizational alignment in advancing activities across the five pillars of our Strategic Framework for Sustainability.
- Works closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders to develop and grow external stakeholder relationships throughout the Sustainability Chain, including with raw material suppliers, service providers, OEMs, Customers and other industry affiliates.
- Drive and facilitate collaboration and alignment with the Global O&P Organization on Sustainability activities.
- Embraces and drives change, while also influencing management as necessary.
Meer informatie/solliciteren: careers.lyondellbasell.com.