The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and SDG Netherlands would like to invite you to the launch of the Human Development Report 2020 and discuss its implications for the Netherlands.
For the first time in a relationship spanning 300,000 years, instead of the planet shaping humans, humans are shaping the planet. This is the Anthropocene: the age of humans. The 30th Human Development Report (HDR) ‘The Next Frontier: Human Development and the Anthropocene’ highlights that people can bring about the action we need if we are to live in balance with the planet in a fairer world. Nothing short of a great transformation – in how we live, work and cooperate – is needed to change the path we are on. The new Human Development Report explores how to jumpstart that transformation.
More information at: hdr.undp.org
• Kitty van der Heijden, Director General for International Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands
• Ulrika Modéer, Assistant Secretary General and Director of UNDP Bureau for External Relations and Advocacy
Report’s key findings
• Pedro Conceição, Director of Human Development Report Office (HDRO)
Panel discussion and Q&A: implications for the Netherlands
• Aoife Fleming, UN Youth Representative Sustainable Development for the Netherlands – Youth
• Maria van der Heijden, CSR Netherlands – Private sector
• Jan van Zanen, VNG – Local government
• Coenraad Krijger, IUCN NL – NGOs