Date(s) - 10/12/2021
13:00 - 16:15
It is our pleasure to invite you to ABN AMRO’s 7th International Human Rights Conference that will take place on December 10, 2021and will be hosted as an online event.
Adverse human rights impacts by companies are not gender neutral. Although certain corporate activities are especially at risk of being involved with such impacts – like the production of textiles – female workers and community members are recognized as a particularly vulnerable group of rightsholders across economic sectors. This affects their dignity as well as their economic position in society. Women also face particular barriers when it comes to access to effective remedy.
After ABN AMRO signed the Women’s Empowerment Principles in March 2020, we started looking at the bank through a gender lens. This concerns the way we deal with diversity and inclusion within our own workforce, the risk of discrimination of female clients, but also the risks that may occur in the supply chains of our corporate clients.
We want to explore what we should expect from companies, but also what the role of the financial sector is in advancing women’s rights.
For this reason ABN AMRO’s 7th Human Rights Conference on the 10th of December 2021 will be focussing on women’s rights due diligence in global supply chains.
13:30 – 14:00
Welcome by Robert Swaak, CEO, ABN AMRO
Keynote setting the scene interview:
- Lara Wolters, Member of the European Parliament & Rapporteur on initiative report Due Diligence / IMVO and
- Ruben Zandvliet, Business & Human Rights Advisor, ABN AMRO
14:00 – 14:45
Panel 1: The role of business; from challenges to action in women’s rights due diligence
- Rebecka Sancho, CSR Manager, Hunkemöller
- Ruben Korevaar, Policy Advisor, Mondiaal FNV
- Daniël Berezowsky, Human Rights Advisor, Shift
- Elif Tutum Tuncer, Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Director, Signify
14:45 – 15:15
Intermezzo – women’s rights due diligence in practice
- Christian Smith and Mousumi Sarangi, Fair Wear Foundation
15:15 – 16:00
Panel 2: The role of the financial sector in women’s rights due diligence
- Hannah Shoesmith, Regional Lead of Engagement – Asia and Emerging Markets, EOS at Federated Hermes
- Irina van der Sluijs, Responsible Investment Specialist, NN Investment Partners
- Patricia Nicolau, Environmental & Social Manager, FMO
- Barbara Oosters, Project Lead Fair Finance Guide Netherlands, Oxfam Novib
16:00 – 16:15
Closing by Pascalle Grotenhuis, Dutch Ambassador Women Rights & gender equality
You can register here for the event, a link will be send to your e-mail address.